Oldham

Status
Not open for further replies.

My mate is a real Latics fan - he's followed them for nearly 60 years looks like he might no get the opportunity to get to 60.

Terrible news and about time the FA and FL realised that these clubs are part of the football fabric of our country and did something about where all the money is going.

Blame the uneven distribution of money in football
almost all of the cash oldham get is from the rich clubs giving it to them as part of rich clubs TV deal...
Been a basket case for years

Aye mate, average 3000 at home and average 800 away, crazy stat but true
i had a drunken night in oldham once..any excuse to get away from it for a day would do me if i lived there like..

Last edited:
Forgetting that their academy teams need to play in a piss pot competition to keep them fit against those that get nothing back.
Whilst also being able to pick up lower league academy players for a pittance
Them Macclesfield and Saford City are the only grounds i havent done in The North. Will only go if the lads play there.
Whilst also being able to pick up lower league academy players for a pittance
Them Macclesfield and Salford City are the only grounds i havent done in The North. Will only go if the lads play there.

Last edited:
But sadly has all his money tied in with Salford now iirc.
All his money?
No mate.
Peter Lim owns 40 per cent and the class of ‘92 ten per cent each.
Still a chunky investment considering but it won’t be harming his wealth too much.
My mate is a real Latics fan - he's followed them for nearly 60 years looks like he might no get the opportunity to get to 60.

Terrible news and about time the FA and FL realised that these clubs are part of the football fabric of our country and did something about where all the money is going.
Loads of clubs have foreign owners these days and a good number of them are as bent as fuck.
There are plenty more like Oldham in potential bother

Last edited:
All his money?
No mate.
Peter Lim owns 40 per cent and the class of ‘92 ten per cent each.
Still a chunky investment considering but it won’t be harming his wealth too much.

Loads of clubs have foreign owners these days and a good number of them are as bent as fuck.
There are plenty more like Oldham in potential bother

sorry, not exactly what I meant...I meant he’s now involved with another club financially.

How do you propose it’s distributed? Sky is the big player when it comes to money in football and people aren’t going to pay tuppence to watch an Oldham, Bury etc.

Why would sky evenly spread out the money which would harm their product?

Life is survival of the fittest I’m afraid.
Lower down sides bring through the most young players. Sky puts hundreds of millions into football. Wouldn't take that many millions to help out the lower down clubs that bring the players through. But they get hit by higher wages caused by Sky.

The problem isn’t the distribution of money. The clubs have to work within a budget and stop gambling on promotion to higher leagues by purchasing beyond their means. If you changed the distribution of money, you’d only inflate the wages at lower levels and end up in exactly the same predicament. It’s the gamble that’s causing the problem, whereby owners think they can get away with it if they get promoted, but only a handful of teams can be promoted and the rest are screwed financially. Same as we did under Keano - if we didn’t go up we’d have had a few problems going forward - same as Boro have done now, whereby they missed out on promotion and now are desperately slashing costs. Difference is they have an owner who’s willing to underwrite, other clubs don’t. The ownership is what needs closer scrutiny to prevent this overspending without any assurance from the chairman that he’ll protect the club. It’s easier to gamble at a low level where the cost of the club is minimal (especially to millionaires) and the potential benefits are high (see Donald for instance, cost him nothing really for the club, with a potential sale value of £50m in the championship and £200m+ in the PL, you can see why he would gamble on players like Grigg)

Lower down sides bring through the most young players. Sky puts hundreds of millions into football. Wouldn't take that many millions to help out the lower down clubs that bring the players through. But they get hit by higher wages caused by Sky.
sky out millions into lower league clubs every year..the only reason those cubs hve any money ois because of sky fungin them..

sky out millions into lower league clubs every year..the only reason those cubs hve any money ois because of sky fungin them..
Prem player 50k a week because of Sky.

Championship player wants a decent wage as just 1 level lower. 10k a week?

So will a Division three player expect what a club can't afford?

Prem player 50k a week because of Sky.

Championship player wants a decent wage as just 1 level lower. 10k a week?

So will a Division three player expect what a club can't afford?
bottom division players hae very little bargaining power though..for the simple reason that there are more players of that strandard around..would be interesting to know what wage inflation is like at those levels..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back