Oldham

Stockport, Bury, Macclesfield, Bolton, Blackpool and now Oldham. Have I missed any North West clubs that have ran themselves into the ground in the last decade or so?

Blame the uneven distribution of money in football
How do you propose it’s distributed? Sky is the big player when it comes to money in football and people aren’t going to pay tuppence to watch an Oldham, Bury etc.

Why would sky evenly spread out the money which would harm their product?

Life is survival of the fittest I’m afraid.

Going there in two weeks time by train.
Another decent club that have hit difficult times.
Been a basket case for years
They get about 3,000 paying punters.

But let’s link it back to Alexis Sanchez or something. We have to be able to shore horn nurses in there as well
Aye mate, average 3000 at home and average 800 away, crazy stat but true

Last edited:
Got family in Oldham (in laws) and they’re match going Oldham fans but they’re absolutely killed by the clubs on their doorstep, Hard to convince youth to go and watch Oldham with United and City on your doorstep. Got a cracking away support, easily take over a thousand to games down south.

Been coming for a while this though, her cousins reckon even FC United and Salford have cost them fans

How do you propose it’s distributed? Sky is the big player when it comes to money in football and people aren’t going to pay tuppence to watch an Oldham, Bury etc.

Why would sky evenly spread out the money which would harm their product?

Life is survival of the fittest I’m afraid.

Forgetting that their academy teams need to play in a piss pot competition to keep them fit against those that get nothing back.

Back