Old football management games

Status
Not open for further replies.

studio69

Midfield
See the recent thread on CM 01/02 got me think about old football management games that I used to play and I came up with the following list

CM 01/02
Total Club Manager 2003
Sunderland Club Manager (03/04 version)
Premier Manager 97
SWOS (only ever played it for the manager part, never played the matches, probably because i was crap)
And going Back to the old days of the Amstrad CPC 464 football manager 1 & 2 by Kevin Toms (used to love 2 you always started in the 4th division with players like barnes, beardsley, southall, lineker, albiston really loved that game and could never get an emulator with it on.

Really dont enjoy the new football manager games ever since the match engine went 3d

See the recent thread on CM 01/02 got me think about old football management games that I used to play and I came up with the following list

CM 01/02
Total Club Manager 2003
Premier Manager 97
SWOS (only ever played it for the manager part, never played the matches, probably because i was crap)
And going Back to the old days of the Amstrad CPC 464 football manager 1 & 2 by Kevin Toms (used to love 2 you always started in the 4th division with players like barnes, beardsley, southall, lineker, albiston really loved that game and could never get an emulator with it on.

Really dont enjoy the new football manager games ever since the match engine went 3d

http://www.mobygames.com/images/sho...manager-snes-screenshot-in-kevin-s-office.png
Logon or register to see this image

Two class games

CM 01/02
Total Club Manager 2003
Premier Manager 97

Premier Manager 97 was one of my favourites of all time. If for nothing else other than the class midi soundtrack.

Had one that I got free with my Windows 98 PC years ago, can't remember the name of it, think it was the 97/98 season though. Can't remember if it was any good or not but I know I played it quite a bit

Just found out it was Ultimate Soccer Manager 98. Sure it was canny for improving stadiums

Last edited:

Ridiculously difficult game. Always ended up getting relegated!

Remember playing an Ally McCoist game when I was younger. Odd really because he'd just hung up his boots and had nothing to do with management at the time.

Ridiculously difficult game. Always ended up getting relegated!

Remember playing an Ally McCoist game when I was younger. Odd really because he'd just hung up his boots and had nothing to do with management at the time.

Sounds like a realistic simulation.

I can remember playing the original Football Manager on the ZX Spectrum. You'd sit listening to the tape screeching as it loaded praying it didn't fail. I'm sure the loading time was over 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back