Old football ground photo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is a ground I have visited but not for a game. Hope to put that right in the not too distant future;

Logon or register to see this image
[DOUBLEPOST=1384724203][/DOUBLEPOST]
Got it, Simonside Hall.

Never went, but it looks like a proper old ground.

I have also seen pictures of North Shields old ground and I can also remember passing it on foot for some strange reason. That was also a very substantial old ground that is no more.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
That's Leeds Road - I take it Bradford played there following the fire?
No Bradford played at The Odsal ( rugby league) after the fire the mags played there in a cup game. Mag mate went, it's one he always brings up when we count away grounds as its one I'll never get to.

No Bradford played at The Odsal ( rugby league) after the fire the mags played there in a cup game. Mag mate went, it's one he always brings up when we count away grounds as its one I'll never get to.

They played home fixtures at a few different grounds after the fire. Odsal, Leeds Rd, Elland Road and Bradford Northern RL's ground. Our league game at Bradford in 85/86 was at Leeds Rd as posted earlier, and the following season we played them at Odsal in the Full Members Cup; they were back at Valley Parade by the time we went there in the league. Weirdly we played Bradford three times in 86/87 and lost all of them 3-2.

They played at 'Uddersfield too mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back