Old football ground photo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's the Valley. If you go now, you can still make out the top of that terrace above the roof of the stand that's now there.
Remember when we played there when Goodman scored winner in a 1-0.(can never remember years).Was in stand opposite looking at that terrace thinking it would look amazing full.

Did charlton have to play at selhurst park for a while as I seem to remember them playing there late 80's, other pics of the valley seem to show the ground being disused and beyond repair at one stage so they must have spent plenty on regeneration sometime in the 90's and then again when they got into the prem

Did charlton have to play at selhurst park for a while as I seem to remember them playing there late 80's, other pics of the valley seem to show the ground being disused and beyond repair at one stage so they must have spent plenty on regeneration sometime in the 90's and then again when they got into the prem
Yes they did and also had a spell at Upton Park too.

Cracking thread this, remember going to loads of these grounds over the years.

Yes they did and also had a spell at Upton Park too.

Cracking thread this, remember going to loads of these grounds over the years.

Marco's last goals for us were a 6 minute (?) hattrick against Charlton at Upton Park.

That's the Valley. If you go now, you can still make out the top of that terrace above the roof of the stand that's now there.

Aye :) Sure I read somewhere that that was the biggest terrace in the UK at one time. Absolutely incredible how they turned that ground around, mainly driven by the fans. Quite fitting as it was the fans who transformed it from a chalk pit in the first place[DOUBLEPOST=1384853454][/DOUBLEPOST]

yes mate, it was a wreck

Logon or register to see this image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back