Office/work-based things that make you want to die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Open plan offices.
Enforced charity giving to charity of companies choice.
People who steal credit for other peoples work.
Draconian Contracts.
Management who do not understand what it is the workers are doing.
Senior Management who obviously only got the job as the last company gave them a glowing reference to get shot of them.
Buzzwords.
People who get paid more, but are completely clueless and expect you to help them do their job for free.
Having to dress up in those stupid penguin suits at work parties, where they serve posh meals not big enough to feed a fly.
Backstabbers.
Office Politics.

Open plan offices.
Draconian Contracts.
Senior Management who obviously only got the job as the last company gave them a glowing reference to get shot of them.
Buzzwords.
People who get paid more, but are completely clueless and expect you to help them do their job for free.
Having to dress up in those stupid penguin suits at work parties, where they serve posh meals not big enough to feed a fly.
Backstabbers.
Office Politics.

I've never worked anywhere that wasn't open plan.

I've never worked anywhere that wasn't open plan.

Cant beat a nice small office with proper old fashioned desks, nice chairs and only 2 or 3 people in it.
Much easier for software development when you don't have to listen to the drone of hundreds of bored workers, the gossiping of 20 collegues nearby and people always walking around looking for people to disturb.
Was mainly 80's, early 90's when I was in smaller firms, totally hated moving to the larger ones that were open plan after that.

Open plan offices.
Draconian Contracts.
Buzzwords.
Backstabbers.
Office Politics.
THIS THIS THIS. I'm all for giving a couple of quid to charity but the weekly emails requesting donations from people that have done 10k walks is getting pretty tedious now. If someone wants my money for charity at least do something extreme.

Contractors! This place is literally flooded with them and they dee nowt

Guilty :lol:

My last place had me there on stand-by in case any work came in that needed doing. I was being paid to be on here...just like now.

Contractors! This place is literally flooded with them and they dee nowt

Had loads of them in a place I worked in, they were developing a major new package.
I was asked to do a load of overtime to help out with it, but after seeing how clueless the people were I refused to have anything to do with a package that was going to be scrapped (after the spent countless millions on developing it).
Some will have been good, but some did not even know basics. Gift of the gab gets you far as a contractor sometimes.

Had loads of them in a place I worked in, they were developing a major new package.
I was asked to do a load of overtime to help out with it, but after seeing how clueless the people were I refused to have anything to do with a package that was going to be scrapped (after the spent countless millions on developing it).
Some will have been good, but some did not even know basics. Gift of the gab gets you far as a contractor sometimes.

You dodging work........I refuse to believe it.

I HATE office collections. At our place, due to fact it's about 95% lasses, there's one every few days. Birthdays, weddings, engagements, babys, leaving etc. Not to mention collections for Comic Relief, Sport Relief, Children in Need, that lasses pink cancer run thing.
A blanket 'no' should be the answer.

When senior management walk in my office and instead of standing infront of my desk they walk around to where they could see my monitor. Meaning I've got to minimise whatever I'm looking at on the internet at the time, usually this place, and pretend I've been doing work.

I HATE office collections. At our place, due to fact it's about 95% lasses, there's one every few days. Birthdays, weddings, engagements, babys, leaving etc. Not to mention collections for Comic Relief, Sport Relief, Children in Need, that lasses pink cancer run thing.

Yes. No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back