October 2020 - Getting worse across Europe.

I think bomber is pointing out the abnomalies...you may find you are both singing from the same hymn sheet. It's an emotive subject with many unknowns, so we sometimes need to take a deep breath before posting on the subject. Onwards and upwards 👍
Deaths to Covid in the UK must have been discussed thousands of times in this board. It's brought up every time someone posts about "deaths in the UK" that's the clue.
I could talk about German doctors helping out in Portugal, Bomber will reply about deaths in the UK.

Deaths to Covid in the UK must have been discussed thousands of times in this board. It's brought up every time someone posts about "deaths in the UK" that's the clue.
I could talk about German doctors helping out in Portugal, Bomber will reply about deaths in the UK.
Do you realise how painful it is to see posters you like, and in my case that's most of you, fighting with each other? Debate, beg to differ...simples 👍

Some of us seem more concerned than others.
The concern can be rationalised: We have an NHS, it keeps more old people alive than any other European country. We also have the third worse obesity levels in the world, and the worst in Europe.

Take away these two factors and you'd be looking at around 70,000 fatalities.

From here on in we will still have disproportionate deaths because we still have two disproportionate groups.

We apportion blame to Boris, advisers, SAGE whatever, but none of their actions had anything to do with the deaths from these two aforementioned groups.

Last edited:
Some of us seem more concerned than others.

Iam not a French doctor,are you a UK British doctor?
When did I say you are a French doctor?

I asked a very simple question as to which you still havent answered, the figures you love quoting, are they actually comparable or are they both calculated using different data?

If they are not made from the exact same data then they are pointless as a use in comparison.

Johnson & Johnson has told the EU it is facing supply issues that may complicate plans to deliver 55 million doses of its Covid-19 vaccine to the bloc in the second quarter of the year, an EU official told Reuters.
I thought only AZ were incompetent fools unable to scale up production levels at the drop of a hat in the height of a global pandemic.

Johnson & Johnson has told the EU it is facing supply issues that may complicate plans to deliver 55 million doses of its Covid-19 vaccine to the bloc in the second quarter of the year, an EU official told Reuters.
Wait! what? A complex manufacturing procedure is running behind schedule during a pandemic! This could take the EU completely by surprise! I hope the Commission and a couple of heads of state are getting ready to rubbish the vaccine and threaten a private company with sanctions.

When did I say you are a French doctor?

I asked a very simple question as to which you still havent answered, the figures you love quoting, are they actually comparable or are they both calculated using different data?

If they are not made from the exact same data then they are pointless as a use in comparison.
Excess deaths is probably the best measure. If you look at that then 9 EU countries are worse than the UK, Italy is the same and France quite a bit lower.
The countries with the bigger populations who have higher figures, UKs, Belgium, Spain and Portugal all failed to prevent spread to care homes for one reason or another. It’s too early to tell if other countries will have issues with care homes however given they have done ok so far and residents are top of all countries priorities for vaccines then they should do ok. I think Germany and even more so France will end up with similar figures to the UK.

Back