October 2020 - Getting worse across Europe.

Macron said it was quasi effective. That is an out right lie.
The Germann press spread rumours it wasn't hardly effective at all in over 65s. Again an out right lie.
Your pro-EU agenda has blinded you to the lies told by your politicians, and it's costing lives. If you don't want to take it, don't, but please stop repeating their lies.

Does anyone know what “quasi effective” means

In view of the speed this virus and the speed with with which treatments are being developed are moving it would help if you could provide some up to date articles

As requested - up to date news. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is approved by the FDA (unlike the AZ one which won't be approved for another month at least). Note this one's efficacy is
One dose was 85.9 per cent protective against the most severe COVID-19 symptoms in a massive study that included 43,000 people and spanned three continents — protection that remained strong even in countries such as South Africa, where the variants of most concern are spreading.

Its also one shot. You do know that there is a problem with using the AZ vaccine in SA?

Not her exact words but leader of EU commission “problem is not the ability of companies to deliver the product but rather that we didn’t understand the complexities of manufacturing vaccines”

Yes, not her words. You should have stopped after that.

Exactly that.
I am not making any argument, simply trying to give an accurate account and timeline on how events occurred with the AstraZeneca vaccine within the EU after its approval by the EMA. The lies and spin from posters such as CEF are neither correct nor accurate and are being used to forward their anti EU agenda.
The new information from Scotland a few days ago is being peer reviewed as we speak and it is highly likely that the new scientific evidence will lead to a change in policy. I'm not sure why you think they are unable/unwilling to persuade their own population to welcome AZ. The AstraZeneca vaccines will not be wasted by the EU as they will be used on younger people while the older groups will be given one of the other vaccines. On an anecdotal level i've not had one conversation with any Spanish person on the merits of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
There's a news video of an eminent italian doctor saying they "medical professionals in taly" won't be taking AZ and want Pfizer. Whilst the government is struggling to get people to take AZ ?
Wow. Which bit of the EMA approved the vaccine and then an esteemed scientific institute such as the Robert Koch and national health authorities in member countries questioned the efficiacy data provided to them by the manufacturer do you not get ?
And there we have it, exposed and naked vaccine nationalism. In one post you say "European medical experts were entitled to raise concerns prior to the roll out". Then you come out with that nonsense above.
The "European envy" is in your head. Europe is getting on with their programmes, some better than others, but they are all moving ahead and should all be completed after the autumn. That is good for everyone no ?
FFS I give in .

Last edited:
Seems low i would agree,i was merely going off the tests per million population since the start.

Hows stating a fact being critical? ive praised the UK when necessary and i will be critical where need be.I get nothing out of it.
WE are talking about the effects of the vaccine though , the UK death rate has been declining rapidly for a month since the vaccine roll out is taking effect. In the last 7 days alone the death rate has fallen 35% .

As requested - up to date news. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is approved by the FDA (unlike the AZ one which won't be approved for another month at least). Note this one's efficacy is

Yes, not her words. You should have stopped after that.

Two points, firstly it seems someone else misheard her as well

Secondly u keep going on about Johnson and Johnson vaccine, when are EU expecting supples before or after next mutation of virus

No doubt, if AZ was the only vaccine available, but there are others around now. The J&J one was approved by the FDA the other day (which would suggest that it will be approved elsewhere if they approved it). I know that Ireland has ordered a load of the Italian vaccine because it has a shelf life of 18 months.

The bottom line is that EU countries don't have sufficient AZ vaccine anyway. It is not yet approved by the FDA (and probably won't be until April).

Here is an article in the FT about the problems with the AZ vaccine. Boris took a chance with the vaccine because he was under so much pressure to start using the vaccine. Individual EU countries didn't take that chance (on over 65s mostly) because there was not enough data supplied as to how well it worked on people over 65 who were the hardest hit group with the most deaths. As I've said already, there are efficacy issues of the AZ vaccine as according to the scientists, the Pfizer & Moderna vaccine are much easier to tweek so that they are effective against new variants.

FT Article on the issues with the AZ outside of the UK.

There you go, that will explain a lot.
Old news mate and out of date , the data coming from the vaccination roll out debunks most of that.
Get your facts right please.
Quoting you "The bottom line is that EU countries don't have sufficient AZ vaccine anyway. It is not yet approved by the FDA (and probably won't be until April)."
Incorrect .
The FT yesterday did an article updating the facts I suggest you read it. Here's a snippet.
Its not a supply issue its an issue of mistrust fostered by the negligent statements made by those in authority who were clearly pissed at how well the UK is doing. '

" As of Friday, France had administered 16 per cent of the 1.1m doses of the two-injection vaccine it received since the first delivery in early February, according to health ministry data. As of Thursday, Germany had given a little over one-fifth of the 1.45 million doses, about the same proportion as Italy, which has received over 1m doses. Spain has used just under a third of a total of 808,000 doses as of Friday."
Full article.

Old news mate and out of date , the data coming from the vaccination roll out debunks most of that.
Get your facts right please.
Quoting you "The bottom line is that EU countries don't have sufficient AZ vaccine anyway. It is not yet approved by the FDA (and probably won't be until April)."
Incorrect .
The FT yesterday did an article updating the facts I suggest you read it. Here's a snippet.
Its not a supply issue its an issue of mistrust fostered by the negligent statements made by those in authority who were clearly pissed at how well the UK is doing. '

" As of Friday, France had administered 16 per cent of the 1.1m doses of the two-injection vaccine it received since the first delivery in early February, according to health ministry data. As of Thursday, Germany had given a little over one-fifth of the 1.45 million doses, about the same proportion as Italy, which has received over 1m doses. Spain has used just under a third of a total of 808,000 doses as of Friday."
Full article.
Probs wasting your time mate.
He’s a British hating troll.
I feel sorry for anyone that wrapped up in hate that this is how they spend their time.

It won't be in 6 months time.
hopefully,although i think there's a good chance of another lock down before xmas not just in the UK but many other countries.Reading on here and FB it seems its going to one big party soon,some are even predicting a cut in VAT on pub beer to get the boozers full again,music festivals in full swing,footy grounds open.

hopefully,although i think there's a good chance of another lock down before xmas not just in the UK but many other countries.Reading on here and FB it seems its going to one big party soon,some are even predicting a cut in VAT on pub beer to get the boozers full again,music festivals in full swing,footy grounds open.
It will be one big party soon. Unless vaccines are duds.

This would seem like actual evidence to me that the vaccines are working. Latest data

6,035 cases in the UK. -3,799
144 deaths in the UK. -71
1,112 patients admitted to hospital in the UK. -285
14,808 patients in hospital in the UK. -3,654
1,971 patients on ventilation in the UK. -498

Hold on! I thought that over the last 12 weeks there was evidence that the AstraZeneca vaccine was ineffective and caused severe side effects.

This would seem like actual evidence to me that the vaccines are working. Latest data

6,035 cases in the UK. -3,799
144 deaths in the UK. -71
1,112 patients admitted to hospital in the UK. -285
14,808 patients in hospital in the UK. -3,654
1,971 patients on ventilation in the UK. -498

Hold on! I thought that over the last 12 weeks there was evidence that the AstraZeneca vaccine was ineffective and caused severe side effects.

Evidence that the vaccines are working? Or evidence lockdown is working...?

WE are talking about the effects of the vaccine though , the UK death rate has been declining rapidly for a month since the vaccine roll out is taking effect. In the last 7 days alone the death rate has fallen 35% .
I havent said the vaccine hasnt been effective.
It will be one big party soon. Unless vaccines are duds.
Crack on if you want go to ram packed events,i'll be giving them a miss,this virus will still be around for a least another year or two.

Last edited:

Back