October 2020 - Getting worse across Europe.

Great article in El Pais today about the vaccination situation in Spain. A bit long but covers everything.

Problems are to do with organisation, not supply and not the public's rejection of AZ. Spain not giving AZ to over 55s has needlessly complicated matters.

Oh dear, this is quite embarrassing......
Let them keep poo pooing our vaccine, more for us and our brighter days to come (which will evidently come quicker than theirs !).
*backpedalling incoming......

Last edited:
Let them keep poo pooing our vaccine, more for us and our brighter days to come (which will evidently come quicker than theirs !).

I'm at this point now, fuck 'em! Severe reactions my arse, we've administered 20 million, if something was untoward we'd know about it.

We aren't in their program and as long as they keep procrastinating we can ramp up and have everyone over the age of 40 done in the next few months. Plenty of other countries will be glad of them if the EU do not want them.

I'm at this point now, fuck 'em! Severe reactions my arse, we've administered 20 million, if something was untoward we'd know about it.

We aren't in their program and as long as they keep procrastinating we can ramp up and have everyone over the age of 40 done in the next few months. Plenty of other countries will be glad of them if the EU do not want them.
Yup, I say once we're done we give the rest to the likes of Africa, India etc - those folks deserve a helping hand.

Oh dear, this is quite embarrassing......
*backpedalling incoming......
One dose of AZ is more effective than one dose of Pfizer? This is going to be demoralizing for those desperately trying to justify the smear campaign against the AZ jab.

Severe reactions will be the hurting arm thing, I've got it - I also got it after having the BCG ffs :)
One dose of AZ is more effective than one dose of Pfizer? This is going to be demoralizing for those desperately trying to justify the smear campaign against the AZ jab.
Yup, egg arl owa their stupid faces.

Last edited:
Severe reactions will be the hurting arm thing, I've got it - I also got it after having the BCG ffs :)

Yup, egg arl owa their stupid faces.
As has been pointed out by others, let them get on with it.
During the height of the second wave of a global pandemic, when vaccines are like gold dust, they've successfully convinced their citizens that the not-for-profit, easily stored, highly effective Oxford vaccine should be turned down.

Got mixed feelings now (not really) - Mam had AZ vaccine, so great news in that respect. I had Pfizer, so I suppose I'll have to make do with the lower, but still above 90%, effectiveness. Life's a bitch, eh?

I can live with that - a lot of EU citizens might not thanks to the stupidity of their politicians.

Got mixed feelings now (not really) - Mam had AZ vaccine, so great news in that respect. I had Pfizer, so I suppose I'll have to make do with the lower, but still above 90%, effectiveness. Life's a bitch, eh?

I can live with that - a lot of EU citizens might not thanks to the stupidity of their politicians.
For vaccines, those available are all incredibly effective. Absolutely mind boggling that any would would be denied to the most vulnerable, when all evidence suggested that they worked. Political games played at the expense of lives

Severe side effects :lol:

Just had a conspiracy theorist lad in my work group chat tell everyone that a bloke he knows has died after having the vaccine. (Don’t know which one)

We’ve a high risk lass in our team who’s scheduled for a jab next week.

He was comprehensively shot down for hoying his opinion in there and trying to justify it, makes me feel a bit better about most of whom I work with tbf...

I mean Ha’way, the lass in question hasn’t been out the house for a year, and you’re trying to put her off something that could potentially give her a life back...
Yup, I say once we're done we give the rest to the likes of Africa, India etc - those folks deserve a helping hand.

Be the Commonwealth first I imagine, not a Brexiteer by any stretch, in most parts vehemently against but for this it’d be a great decision, fuck the EU. I say this and my wife is an EU National..

Last edited:
...they've successfully convinced their citizens that the not-for-profit, easily stored, highly effective Oxford vaccine should be turned down.
I suspect at least some of the mis-information is to do with these facts and the potential financial success/failure of the horses the EU has in this race.

The AZ vaccine is already in use (the 'French' vaccine won't be ready until the end of the year), it costs £3 (Moderna £28 and Pfizer £15) and can be stored in a standard fridge. It is proving just as effective as these other vaccines and is linked to a massive donation program where doses can be gifted to poorer areas.

If you were looking to purchase vaccines for your country, who would your first phone call be to?

I suspect at least some of the mis-information is to do with these facts and the potential financial success/failure of the horses the EU has in this race.

The AZ vaccine is already in use (the 'French' vaccine won't be ready until the end of the year), it costs £3 (Moderna £28 and Pfizer £15) and can be stored in a standard fridge. It is proving just as effective as these other vaccines and is linked to a massive donation program where doses can be gifted to poorer areas.

If you were looking to purchase vaccines for your country, who would your first phone call be to?

France, but supply and demand dictates the market.

Ours is ready NOW

What are you on about now? The EU are the thickies not you, couldnt make it up

Its vaccine nationalism. Simple as.
The AZ one is seen as the British pro Brexit one & the EU want to distance themselves from it where possible. Its now looking like its possibly backfiring.

Its vaccine nationalism. Simple as.
The AZ one is seen as the British pro Brexit one & the EU want to distance themselves from it where possible. Its now looking like its possibly backfiring.
If that is indeed the case would be incredible.

Back