October 2020 - Getting worse across Europe.

Vaccine wise Spain is up to 48 year olds this week, so still behind but catching up.
Get mine where Liverpool won their last Champions League on Saturday, and I was 3 months old when we won the Cup in 73.

The countries hit hardest seem to have herd immunity and are leaving the UK behind in low case numbers and low deaths.
They must be laughing their tits off at countries like New Zealand. As long as you get to low deaths eventually who gives a shite about the thousands already dead.

Looks like they've caught up on the vaccine front. I think our rate limiting step now is supplies of vaccines other than the AZ which we can't use on the under 30s.

I suspect that the fact they’re down to 18 year olds is more indicative of their high vaccine hesitancy, c50% than the number of individuals vaccinated

Evidence here shows they are way behind us in all criteria for measuring jabs given

I suspect that the fact they’re down to 18 year olds is more indicative of their high vaccine hesitancy, c50% than the number of individuals vaccinated

Evidence here shows they are way behind us in all criteria for measuring jabs given

Unfortunately putting most of our eggs in the AZ basket will slow us significantly going forward.

CharacteristicNumber of doses per 100 population
Malta133.51
United Kingdom105.58
Hungary97.56
Iceland92.92
Cyprus80.07
Belgium74.06
Denmark72.98
Serbia72.83
Germany72.49
Lithuania72.34
Spain71.1
Italy70.68
Luxembourg70.23
Austria69.77
Portugal67.36
Switzerland66.84
Greece66.57
Netherlands66.5
Number of COVID-19 vaccination doses administered in Europe as of June 14, 2021, by country

I am having a pretty awful feeling that AZ doesn't seem to be enough to control transmission compared to Pfizer looking at UK data

In BC we have really ramped up the vaccine and now have over 75% of the over 12s vaccinated with one dose and 15% have had 2 doses and the vast majority are Pfizer. We have gone from 1000cases a day to around a hundred within a couple of weeks.

Hopefully AZ will keep a lid on deaths but it won't be clear for a week or two from here

I am having a pretty awful feeling that AZ doesn't seem to be enough to control transmission compared to Pfizer looking at UK data

In BC we have really ramped up the vaccine and now have over 75% of the over 12s vaccinated with one dose and 15% have had 2 doses and the vast majority are Pfizer. We have gone from 1000cases a day to around a hundred within a couple of weeks.

Hopefully AZ will keep a lid on deaths but it won't be clear for a week or two from here
Ah for fucks sake, we’re never going to get out of this over here.
Any room over there for a fire safety gadgie?

I was reading an article saying just that the other day - if I can find it online I'll post it up

We've dropped to around 150 cases per day now and had our first 0 death day since September earlier this week

We have highest rate in Europe now. Shows that the only way to suppress vaccine is lockdown and to a lesser extent vaccines.

So once we are vaccinated all bets are off. Hopefully Europeans don't unlock too early.

We have highest rate in Europe now. Shows that the only way to suppress vaccine is lockdown and to a lesser extent vaccines.

So once we are vaccinated all bets are off. Hopefully Europeans don't unlock too early.
UK has been in lockdown more than the vast majority of europe since the virus started.🙄

Ah for fucks sake, we’re never going to get out of this over here.
Any room over there for a fire safety gadgie?
It just means cases go up as the vaccine is great to prevent deaths so hopefully if they remain low then things can open up again.

Canada has a great immigration system and has federal streams and local provincial nomination schemes to address skill shortages. It means some jobs you might not think of are in need so can come. Here in bc there has been areas like IT and the tourist industry where you can get a nomination and then a work permit

Portugal in a similar dilemma to the UK on next steps. Hopefully they keep the Algarve free of this shite

Just been reading that the UK and Portugal are the euro countries seeing the deteriorating numbers.

Reports of a Moscow variant now that's f***ing Russia, sputnik isn't effective against it

Just been reading that the UK and Portugal are the euro countries seeing the deteriorating numbers.

Reports of a Moscow variant now that's f***ing Russia, sputnik isn't effective against it

Reading a few articles it looks like Delta variant but Russia has only got about 10% of population receiving 1 shot.

Back