Object to England Taking a Knee?

None at all. It was good to see a mix of Formula One drivers taking the knee, or choosing not to, all together and with no recriminations. I'd like to think other sports can show the same understanding and respect to each other over this.

Racism is generational. it will be less and less of a problem as we go on and there isn't a lot that can be done but ensure the yougest are not given these views but are educated about it. Racism was a lot worse 40 years ago and will be a lot better in 40 years.

I just can't get my head round anyone objecting to this

read some of the replies on twitter to Mikey Holding's great speech there

the reality is, a lot of people are racist as fuck, and have no intention of admitting it or ready to change their ways

very sad.
Racism is generational. it will be less and less of a problem as we go on and there isn't a lot that can be done but ensure the yougest are not given these views but are educated about it. Racism was a lot worse 40 years ago and will be a lot better in 40 years.

Not sure I agree with that mate, lot of the lads I went to school with are racist as fuck

The problem is the racists of today are having kids and teaching the racists of tomorrow.

Contrary to some that state it sends a united anti racist message I think that this gesture that apishly follows a controversial devisive USA invention neither promotes racial harmony,justice or equity.
I think a more British acknowledgement of togetherness between the the two teams of England and Windies would demonstrate the appreciation and honour and esteem in which both teams ,players and their forerunners are held

Couldn't agree more - I object to us adopting American virtue signalling. A more meaningful 'gesture' would be the sort of line-up that rugby teams adopt which I feel engenders a feeling of togetherness.

Can you put up that cartoon you posted a couple of weeks back (houses on fire) and explain, in detail, what it was all about?
Logon or register to see this image

this one? (Not the best ship of it but just google it, there are thousands)

surely it’s self explanatory? But for the avoidance of doubt

- you can care about more than one thing/group
- one thing/group can require more urgent action
- that doesn’t mean it’s more important, it just means it needs increased focus now

I was more interested in the West Indies team kneeling.

Are black people subject to a lot of racism in the Caribbean? Or did they come over to England to tell their hosts what a big bunch of racists we all are?

Logon or register to see this image

this one? (Not the best ship of it but just google it, there are thousands)

surely it’s self explanatory? But for the avoidance of doubt

- you can care about more than one thing/group
- one thing/group can require more urgent action
- that doesn’t mean it’s more important, it just means it needs increased focus now

That's fine...aside from the fact all the stats show this to be utter shite. In actual fact the house burning down is the white, straight, culturally christian, working class male ! Just watch Tommys latest video where a black chap explains exactly this. Neo-Marxists are at work with this BLM palarva and you fell for it straight off the bat.

I was more interested in the West Indies team kneeling.

Are black people subject to a lot of racism in the Caribbean? Or did they come over to England to tell their hosts what a big bunch of racists we all are?
Colourism is a big issue in the Caribbean. Michael Holding was in tears recalling how his mother was subject to abuse from her own family for marrying a darker skinned man. It's still on Sky cricket website I think. And plenty of cricketers down the years have spoken about paler skinned players being preferred for selection

Last edited:

Back