NUFC thread 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone further up this thread said Man City fans deserve this.

What a load of bollocks. It's like saying someone deserves to win the lottery, which is essentially what has happened for them. For the past 50 years the league title has more and more been decided upon how much money was thrown at a squad. Now it is almost a foregone conclusion as to who will win it. It takes something exceptional for anyone other than those with the deepest pockets to be in with a shout. Leicester won it because they found some good players at the same time, remained injury free and were lucky that the usual suspects all had an underwhelming season, plus Spurs bottled it.

The premier league is going to have to do something if it wants to remain relevant. It's now more than ever a battle of wallets. The six who wanted to have this super league already are free from relegation. Technically they could but can anyone remember when Liverpool were possible relegation candidates. Not unless you are 70+ you can't.

I can't not stop watching my team but when they are playing Man City or Chelsea I'll keep the commentary off in future. That crass comment asking if we would join in the ole's had me seething. No we wouldn't you moron, but perhaps we will shout oil, oil, oil when they put on their tippy tappy displays that you obviously enjoy so much.

Someone further up this thread said Man City fans deserve this.

What a load of bollocks. It's like saying someone deserves to win the lottery, which is essentially what has happened for them. For the past 50 years the league title has more and more been decided upon how much money was thrown at a squad. Now it is almost a foregone conclusion as to who will win it. It takes something exceptional for anyone other than those with the deepest pockets to be in with a shout. Leicester won it because they found some good players at the same time, remained injury free and were lucky that the usual suspects all had an underwhelming season, plus Spurs bottled it.

The premier league is going to have to do something if it wants to remain relevant. It's now more than ever a battle of wallets. The six who wanted to have this super league already are free from relegation. Technically they could but can anyone remember when Liverpool were possible relegation candidates. Not unless you are 70+ you can't.

I can't not stop watching my team but when they are playing Man City or Chelsea I'll keep the commentary off in future. That crass comment asking if we would join in the ole's had me seething. No we wouldn't you moron, but perhaps we will shout oil, oil, oil when they put on their tippy tappy displays that you obviously enjoy so much.
Seething

You've been circling the bowl since you went back up. Of course you should celebrate. Just as you would have been gutted if you'd gone down. That's where you are
I'm pleased we have stayed up but I'm not celebrating because it's not cause to celebrate. If staying up was a means to a progression and trying to get better then yeah maybe, but next year will be exactly the same again. And as you are well aware, it's a relatively joyless existence merely surviving each year. So no, will keep the champagne on ice I think.

I'm pleased we have stayed up but I'm not celebrating because it's not cause to celebrate. If staying up was a means to a progression and trying to get better then yeah maybe, but next year will be exactly the same again. And as you are well aware, it's a relatively joyless existence merely surviving each year. So no, will keep the champagne on ice I think.
I am well aware yes. However I also think until you accept your place as either challenging for promotion in the Championship or fighting to stay in the promised land then you will never celebrate. This is what the Keegan years did to your fanbase. A lot of whom can't accept you're a yo yo club and in the bigger scheme of things always have been. This is why fans across the country deride and mock you. If we were where you are and had just stayed up, of course I'd celebrate. And I stand by and say again, if Wafa had done exactly the same he would be called s genius.

I am. What's the point of the league anymore when you know you will not even come close to winning it ever again. It's always been like that but there was a brief time under Keegan and Robson when it appeared possible(because we threw money we didn't have at it). Before then you could never have realistic expectations but you see clubs like Villa, Forest, Derby, Everton win it. You'd see clubs like QPR, Norwich, Ipswich come close so there was a reason to be optimistic. Now it's just depressing to think Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs are going to throw more money at it trying to catch Man City. They meanwhile will probably burst the bank again to replace the likes of Aguerro. The PL is not as bad competitively as Scotland or Spain but it's not that far off it.

I am well aware yes. However I also think until you accept your place as either challenging for promotion in the Championship or fighting to stay in the promised land then you will never celebrate. This is what the Keegan years did to your fanbase. A lot of whom can't accept you're a yo yo club and in the bigger scheme of things always have been. This is why fans across the country deride and mock you. If we were where you are and had just stayed up, of course I'd celebrate. And I stand by and say again, if Wafa had done exactly the same he would be called s genius.
Why should any fan of any club accept not trying to get better? Should you accept your place in League 1 or aim to get back to the Premier league? I'm not having it that it's a bad or shameful thing to want your club to get better because it's not. What's the point in supporting a team if you don't dream or hope of being better. So, no, pleased we have stayed up but certainly not celebrating.

I am. What's the point of the league anymore when you know you will not even come close to winning it ever again. It's always been like that but there was a brief time under Keegan and Robson when it appeared possible(because we threw money we didn't have at it). Before then you could never have realistic expectations but you see clubs like Villa, Forest, Derby, Everton win it. You'd see clubs like QPR, Norwich, Ipswich come close so there was a reason to be optimistic. Now it's just depressing to think Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs are going to throw more money at it trying to catch Man City. They meanwhile will probably burst the bank again to replace the likes of Aguerro. The PL is not as bad competitively as Scotland or Spain but it's not that far off it.
Shit ain't it.💩

Why should any fan of any club accept not trying to get better? Should you accept your place in League 1 or aim to get back to the Premier league? I'm not having it that it's a bad or shameful thing to want your club to get better because it's not. What's the point in supporting a team if you don't dream or hope of being better. So, no, pleased we have stayed up but certainly not celebrating.
Of course you want to get better. Your aim next season should be not to be in a relegation battle with 8 games left. #cans for Bruce

If you look back at your league finishes, apart from the odd blip here and there, this is your natural position, you've had more bottom half finishes than top half finishes.

There are lots of people on here who enjoy the banter on the thread. Not being funny but just don't read it fella's 👍
I did but would rather they were not on it . Summit about a thread with their name in title starting to do my head in.

All but couple of them actually would cream their knickers if the terrorists took over.

Of course you want to get better. Your aim next season should be not to be in a relegation battle with 8 games left. #cans for Bruce
I agree, however that's not what will happen hence I will reserve my celebrations.
If you look back at your league finishes, apart from the odd blip here and there, this is your natural position, you've had more bottom half finishes than top half finishes.
That may be the case but that doesn't mean we can't all hope and want better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back