NUFC July 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they only "lit up the 90s" in their own deluded minds. Saying that it's bound to stand out for them as they were shite for the majority of their history prior and have been shite since. Though tbh the vast majority of plastics (92ers) that morphed to them will not know of their history prior to Keegan as they probably didn't even know they existed so had nothing to gauge against 🤣

Isn't that right @Sabre Mag?
We finished 20th in division two in 1992, so what is your point? Since the Second World War you’ve had a higher average attendance than us 13 times.
Plastic fans ffs…..

We finished 20th in division two in 1992, so what is your point? Since the Second World War you’ve had a higher average attendance than us 13 times.
Plastic fans ffs…..
1992 is when King Kev came back to manage, wasn't it. I remember thousands came out of the woodwork then.

Didn't that fat bloke with NUFC tattooed on his belly and always was shirtless on TV defect over to them in 92?

He certainly wasn't made of Plastic like the majority of them 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Did many actually defect? Like really? It's hard to imagine Sunderland fans switching allegiances or vice versa.

Look to appoint a steady manager who can keep us in the Premier League. Invest behind the scenes whilst remaining solvent. Focus on youth development and shrewd recruitment. Worked for Leicester nd Southampton. It is the only way the also-rans can hope to have a spell in the limelight.
Newcastle aren't doing that bad - https://www.squawka.com/en/every-premier-league-club-ranked-use-academy-players/

Can't make my mind up about Leicester as it seems too good to be true when every other club is trying to do the same thing - sell Maguire get a decent replacement in, likewise Kante, Drinkwater, Chilwell, Mahrez......luck or shrewd? Remember that period for the mags under Carr when you made some shrewd buys?

1992 is when King Kev came back to manage, wasn't it. I remember thousands came out of the woodwork then.
Always been in the top ten attendances in the country. You can knock our club for many things, crowds isn’t one of them though.
Did many actually defect? Like really? It's hard to imagine Sunderland fans switching allegiances or vice versa.
Don’t know of any changing, but I know a load of black and whites now, who’s fathers are red and white. Weak parenting imo.

Last edited:
One good season and any foreigner gets adopted as a Geordie. Even obvious knackers like Barton and Quinn providing they follow the rules and constantly spout childish nonsense about Sunderland. Quinn, a Scouser who played more games for Portsmouth, is an adopted Geordie.

Fair enough he is cruel to horses I suppose.
Love an adoption do the mags

Always been in the top ten attendances in the country. You can knock our club for many things, crowds isn’t one of them though.

Don’t know of any changing, but I know a load of black and whites now, who’s fathers are red and white. Weak parenting imo.
I'm not disputing that, but when he came a lot of supporters came out of the woodwork.

How old are they?

Last edited:
Look to appoint a steady manager who can keep us in the Premier League. Invest behind the scenes whilst remaining solvent. Focus on youth development and shrewd recruitment. Worked for Leicester nd Southampton. It is the only way the also-rans can hope to have a spell in the limelight.
Newcastle aren't doing that bad - https://www.squawka.com/en/every-premier-league-club-ranked-use-academy-players/

Can't make my mind up about Leicester as it seems too good to be true when every other club is trying to do the same thing - sell Maguire get a decent replacement in, likewise Kante, Drinkwater, Chilwell, Mahrez......luck or shrewd? Remember that period for the mags under Carr when you made some shrewd buys?

The increase in attendances in the 90s isn't exclusive to Newcastle.
I've not looked into it but I'd be surprised if there was more than 5 clubs in the top two divisions who's average attendance hadn't increased from the end of the 80s to the end of the 90s.

Always?

Let's pick a year 198081

Mags - 17350

Div one - Premier League 1980/1981 - Attendance

Not even in top 19.

"Always", like "always challenging", "always entertaining", "always in the Champions League".

Mag definition - "Always - it happened a few times"

I would be worried if I was a Newcastle fan ATM, a bit of luck with Willock from Arsenal last season and 3 clubs that were only slightly worse evaded relegation.

On saying that I'm worried about SAFC.

But for a team with expectations getting lower and lower every season is worrying.

Bruce is not the answer.

I would be worried if I was a Newcastle fan ATM, a bit of luck with Willock from Arsenal last season and 3 clubs that were only slightly worse evaded relegation.

On saying that I'm worried about SAFC.

But for a team with expectations getting lower and lower every season is worrying.

Bruce is not the answer.
He is for Ashley, has kept them well away from relegation, won't be demanding money and takes the heat for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back