NUFC/Sportwashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

F**k all. If theyd been minded to do anything this the deal wouldn’t have gone through. Boris stepped in and told them to get it done. So even if they wanted to do something they couldn’t. Anyone pissed off at the mags and the PL need to save some for our prime minister. He’s in this up to his neck.
Then Boris went on holiday.

If you actually bothered to read what @Guinness Guzzler was suggesting, it wasn't this. You are however right, bitching and doing fuck all is significantly more effective.
How about you and your fanbase boycott St James until they sell?

Blackpool fans managed to do it when they were owned by a convicted rapist and his family…what’s stopping the Geordie nayshun from doing similar?

How about you and your fanbase boycott St James until they sell?

Blackpool fans managed to do it when they were owned by a convicted rapist and his family…what’s stopping the Geordie nayshun from doing similar?
They don't need the income from the fans attending games FFS - these matches will reach a global audience who won't give a shit if Newcastle fans are there or not. They will be tuning in to watch the players and the team.

Not attending would literally just punish Newcastle fans, the club would carry on.
He's spent days and days hour after hour on this thread now
Have I ?

Last edited:
Well you're telling people what to do :lol:
No I'm not but for me I've lost interest in their takeover I'm sick of hearing about it and no matter what people think of Saudi Arabia it isn't going to reverse it.
I'd rather concentrate on Sunderland.
If you feel it's time to move on why don't you just do that?

Go on, there's a good lad.

If you believe that's what people should do then set an example and go.
Go where?

No I'm not but for me I've lost interest in their takeover I'm sick of hearing about it and no matter what people think of Saudi Arabia it isn't going to reverse it.
I'd rather concentrate on Sunderland.

Go where?
That's fine but nee need to tell others to suck it up.

They don't need the income from the fans attending games FFS - these matches will reach a global audience who won't give a shit if Newcastle fans are there or not. They will be tuning in to watch the players and the team.

Not attending would literally just punish Newcastle fans, the club would carry on.

Have I ?
Yes you really have..and achieved nothing. No one on here is changing their mind

He was talking about the owners he has met. He can't talk about those he hasn't. It's worth noting that whilst Hardy is putting the boot in here, he happily accepted an all-inclusive paid trip to Saudi to watch the boxing.
That's his job.

"And my favourite, in the increasingly desperate charges of hypocrisy levelled at any journalist who has the temerity to object to the sale of one of our best-loved football institutions to an organisation headed by a man who was found to have ordered a grisly assassination, is this: ‘What about the fact journalists went to Riyadh to watch Anthony Joshua fight Andy Ruiz Jr?’

I hate to break this to you but reporting on things is what journalists do and now and again that means leaving England to do it. Travelling to a country does not imply support for its regime. If a journalist goes to watch a football match in Brazil, it doesn’t mean he’s an apologist for Jair Bolsonaro. I went to the US Masters a couple of years ago. It didn’t mean I was engaging in tacit support for Donald Trump.

So, sure, plenty of sports journalists went to Riyadh in December 2019 for Joshua-Ruiz 2. And the good journalists asked uncomfortable questions of Joshua and Eddie Hearn about why Joshua was fighting there and used it as an opportunity to criticise the Saudi regime and shine a light on some of its injustices. Some journalists went to the place where they hold public executions, known as Chop Chop Square, but there were no executions that week. It wouldn’t have looked good."

What on earth are you on about?

You're loving it man, you can't get enough of it.

If you believe people should move on then move on.

You're adding to a thread you think people should leave.

You've made your point, that's it, just leave.

Or do you want to just keep repeating yourself as I believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back