Now we are in a really good position

Status
Not open for further replies.

says the Mackem who’s fans shout abuse at a statue of a gentleman in Coventry .
I believe it was one fan who had issues. Just accept that your supporters have history for bad behaviour even to the extent of causing considerable damage to Newcastle town centre when losing - frequently - to Sunderland (and punching horses and waving their bellies and other body parts at television cameras).

Slim chance we'll go up automatically. It'll take one of our centre forwards to score say 1 in 2. It ain't gonna be Wyke so it'll have to be Lafferty. As I say, slim chance, but I wouldn't put it past Parkinson to turn the unlikely into reality.

disagree, what about the other players they can all score goals, let Wyke make them ala Ipswich see where that takes us
The very definition of "no goalscorer"

:neutral::eek:

It’s been hard work to get where we are now and well done to Parky and the lads. Now we need to win away from home or it’s all been pointless. We can go up automatically if we want. So what do U think wise SMB, play offs or automatic.
Next game is key, lose and we could be out of the play offs

we do our goals are spread around, and they don’t have the defence we have
Why the face? I remember Steve Bruce spouting similar when Bent left and we were freefalling down the league.

You know what would be better than players chipping in from several positions Steve? A player whose essence, his very being is to score goals. A striker if you will. It’s mind blowing stuff so I’ll just leave it there.

Last edited:
I believe it was one fan who had issues. Just accept that your supporters have history for bad behaviour even to the extent of causing considerable damage to Newcastle town centre when losing - frequently - to Sunderland (and punching horses and waving their bellies and other body parts at television cameras).
One? Understatement of the century.

Many still don't understand that all the comments about the memorial garden caused a lot of ill feeling. Yes there is a statue of Hill but it is all about supporters who have died. What would it be like on here if Sunderland had a memorial garden and supporters of another club kept saying what they were going to do to it? You would call them scum at least. It brought out the knuckle draggers of Coventry that didn't like the disrespect.

Cause and effect.

Many still don't understand that all the comments about the memorial garden caused a lot of ill feeling. Yes there is a statue of Hill but it is all about supporters who have died. What would it be like on here if Sunderland had a memorial garden and supporters of another club kept saying what they were going to do to it? You would call them scum at least. It brought out the knuckle draggers of Coventry that didn't like the disrespect.

Cause and effect.
This is a problem of communication between our two cultures.

If we ever built a statue of Jimmy Hill it could only be as a French-style Pissoir and our fans made an honest mistake

Cause and effect.
Maybe it's time to leave the Jimmy Hill thing but it's all about what he, as the chairman, did on that night - blatantly cheated. I remember it very well.
Any disrespect to those Coventry supporters remembered in the memorial garden is obviously wrong but Hill himself deserves nothing but contempt for what he did.
He was high profile at the time and took advantage to try and ensure his own club's safety from relegation, which they probably would have achieved anyway.
Sunderland have fine supporters - they have to be these days - and respect other clubs and their fans when they show equal quality.
But Jimmy Hill sold his soul that day and deserves no respect.

we do our goals are spread around, and they don’t have the defence we have
They're not spread that well - only one league goal in total from Power and Dobson combined, 4 from Wyke and out of the players still here O'Nien is fourth top goalscorer in the league with 3. It's certainly our defence that is by far and away our strong point and keeping us in the hunt.
I think our centre forward options are the reason we will miss out on the top two.
We will need Gooch and Maguire to stay fit and not lose form to have any chance, Wyke is a single figure striker.
I use the term striker very loosely!
And our centre midfield - only 1 league goal (Power) from all of them this season so far.

Last edited:
If Coventry win the game in hand and beat you at St Andrews... You have to win 3 and draw one and hope we lose 4 for you to overtake us.

"we can go up automatically if we want" it's not even in your own hands yet
I dislike the cheaters club. Your club will always be hated by the older Sunderland supporters it was disgusting what your club did and Jimmy Hill. Traffic jam my ass just the excuse Jimmy Hill did to cheat then for Bristol City and your club to play kick about in the center of the pitch for 15 minutes after getting the Sunderland result at Man City sums it up for me this note is for those on here who forgot what happened. I hope your club is cursed for decades more to come & I hope your club wins nothing.

Maybe it's time to leave the Jimmy Hill thing but it's all about what he, as the chairman, did on that night - blatantly cheated. I remember it very well.
Any disrespect to those Coventry supporters remembered in the memorial garden is obviously wrong but Hill himself deserves nothing but contempt for what he did.
He was high profile at the time and took advantage to try and ensure his own club's safety from relegation, which they probably would have achieved anyway.
Sunderland have fine supporters - they have to be these days - and respect other clubs and their fans when they show equal quality.
But Jimmy Hill sold his soul that day and deserves no respect.
As I have said several times before I have always had a great time at your games. I live in the North of England. Have mates in Sunderland. Go to Sunderland games with them sometimes. I don't hide who I support.

This is massive on here. We are one of a list of clubs hated on here. But at games/In pubs nothing is ever said. And we chat about everything to do with football. Something that happened nearly 50 years ago? Just like it is never mentioned about the times Sunderland have been caught cheating. There is never a need to bring up things out of everyone's control. My Sunderland mates are so knowledgeable about football.
I dislike the cheaters club. Your club will always be hated by the older Sunderland supporters it was disgusting what your club did and Jimmy Hill. Traffic jam my ass just the excuse Jimmy Hill did to cheat then for Bristol City and your club to play kick about in the center of the pitch for 15 minutes after getting the Sunderland result at Man City sums it up for me this note is for those on here who forgot what happened. I hope your club is cursed for decades more to come & I hope your club wins nothing.
Would you like to explain why you never mention your club cheating? How about who you sent down when you cheated? That was gamesmanship. Not good but not cheating. There are no rules saying you must attack to try and score goals. Your club has broken rules in the past.

Didn't think so.

Last edited:
I don’t think we will make the automatic positions, I think it’s play offs again for us but the amount of clean sheets in the recent run of games has me confident of the play offs. But we have to see how we will do in the next few games against those around us before we can really get carried away.

If Coventry win the game in hand and beat you at St Andrews... You have to win 3 and draw one and hope we lose 4 for you to overtake us.

"we can go up automatically if we want" it's not even in your own hands yet
Well it is, win every game and we go up. Not in your hands usually means when theres about 5 games left.

Its like saying you've lost 2 games at the start of the season so it's out of your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back