Now we are in a really good position

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am a bit surprised how Ipswich have fallen lately, as I'd had them as nailed on automatic promotion for most of the season.

They, (along with Wycombe) are now having a bit of a bad patch, hopefully, we've already had ours, when PP first took over!

Peterborough are usual perennial failures near the end of the season, however they have just won 6 on the bounce and are looking strong, but I do think they'll fade again.

Rotherham are the surprise package for me, and I hope their inexperience shows at the run-in.

Coventry, Portsmouth, Ipswich & us have the most experience on paper, and although history counts for nothing, I can see Coventry, Portsmouth & us going up this season.

I just don't want to play either of them at Wembley, should it come to that. Both sets of fans are not the nicest to share London with!

A play off final against Wycombe, Peterborough or Rotherham sounds a lot more appealing to me! (If we don't get an automatic place of course)

These next 3 games are crucial. 2 at home and the away game v Oxford will be tricky. Those types of games always fuck us up.
3 wins goings in Coventry away will be massive, especially as Coventry play Rotherham before us.

At home we just need to carry on doing what we are doing. It is really tight this year and I can see goal difference settling places.

If Coventry win the game in hand and beat you at St Andrews... You have to win 3 and draw one and hope we lose 4 for you to overtake us.

"we can go up automatically if we want" it's not even in your own hands yet
Good god, the Midland mutant's can type!!!

This time last year us and Portsmouth were pretty much odds on for automatic and yet here we both are fighting for it again. The wheels could easily come off your run in as easily as they could ours.
No we weren't. Table on 17th Feb had Luton 12 points clear of us, Barnsley were 6 points, clear and Portsmouth were 1 point

Coventry are the hardest team to beat in the league, Posh look like "the" team right now. Going to be tough to get a top 2 spot but one win at a time, Fratton is a hard place to get a result and our form is cracking if not perfect minus that defeat.
Hopefully last seasons failings will help get us over the line, Safc / Conventy for the top 2 spots, I know that will go down like a lead balloon on here but I couldn't give a shite as long as we go up. Haway me bonny bairns.

One step at a time. We’ve just got to concentrate on our own form and reel the teams above us in one by one.
Beat Oxford on Saturday and we could well go fourth.

If Coventry win the game in hand and beat you at St Andrews... You have to win 3 and draw one and hope we lose 4 for you to overtake us.

This , table and form says you and Rotherham and I think that's how it will be unfortunately, with another Wembley rollercoaster for us.

Just a thought.. what if you don't win your game in hand and don't win at St Andrews 😊

Just a thought.. what if you don't win your game in hand and don't win at St Andrews 😊

Last edited:

Eeee check out the mathematical genius here lads.

I think we’ll need a statement win away to Coventry to push for automatics. Obviously our last statement game was Pompey and we lost so really need to win one.

Must feel really shit to have to quote one of your rivals grounds when you refer to a home game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back