November Voting thread - Best Shot of the month

Picture of the month for November

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, you have 7 days to vote.

Winner gets into the annual competition and will also choose the January theme - assuming, of course we want to do the same thing next year. Comments welcome

PLease don't comment on the photos unless the poster has invited c&c

Last edited:

Not spavin and Clyde each get a vote off me. Spavin has a winner there i think. Clyde has pictured a scene i used to see every day when i worked at the pit, and i lived a 5 minute walk from there. Fuck, how it's changed.

No theme to meet, so just going on technical excellence seems a bit wrong so am looking at subject matter/art too. As ever I just enjoy looking at pictures hugely, and my comments are just thoughts please take nothing to heart.

My reasons for voting:

Matt1988 - Good - it has reminded me of blue skies and sunshine. Bad - ummm, the horizon is sloping and what am I meant to be looking at?

Cook - A happy memory. Is it difficult to photograph a tv picture with a digital camera? I remember with film you had to photograph the picture at F8 at an 1/8 iirc else you would get a line running across the picture.

NeilUK1985 - I really like this picture, it is my kind of picture. I would possibly have tried to get rid of the foliage in the bottom left. Vote

Madmackem - Snow and dark together! Bit family snap shot-ish rather than anything else, and your daughter looks like she is uncomfortable? Did you have to bribe her to be in a photograph? :)

Not Spavin - probably one of your best entries? (Though I did like the Motion one you submitted). To me it looks a good picture but doesn't hold my attention. It looks like sand or snow but is it just gravel/tarmac? I personally would take about a cm off the left thereby getting rid of the (whatever it is) from the top left which makes the ground unsmooth.

Mine - I withdrew from this month. C&C still welcome though.

Clyde - Clyde, Clyde, Clyde! The picture you posted in the discussion thread was beautiful and would probably have been picture of the month for me. The one you have posted looks very fake.

Hully2000 - Picture is slightly spoiled by the shadow in the top left. But I really like this picture. Vote

Janiep - Nice photograph of the London Eye.

Amnorrageordie A bit too much going on - it looks a bit like a giant saw. Which big wheel is it? How long did you leave your lens open for? Colourful though.

Thank Heavenfor Shed 7 - love this picture, loads to look at , tells a story. Picture of the month for me Vote.

I only said "looks"! :)

Edit: I like all the entries and appreciate people's skills. But if I just said "nice" to every picture it would be a bit boring. I only comment on how the picture appears to me! Doesn't mean I'm right or wrong!:)

Last edited:
i know...its very unfake though, only boosted the clouds and exposure a little and square cropped it, i guess i could post the SOOC version if anyone wants to see it?

Last edited:
i'll post it up later tonight then.
Good.

And as Kubicki just okayed C&C

Kubicki85 - I liked the picture and black and white etc, but the blacks in the middle of the picture and the whites in the top left are too black and too white. I wouldn't know how to sort this if a digital picture, but I'm sure one the techy bods would tell you how to rectify. The water is so smooth, lovely for the reflection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back