November Challenge - Effective Use of Negative Space - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
November's challenge keeps us looking at composition and may, or may not, be related to the Rule of Thirds challenge from earlier this year.

November's challenge, is "Effective Use of Negative Space"

There's a bit of background reading here and here, as well as a few decent examples here, but as ever it's your interpretation we're looking for.

PIctures must be taken between now and November 30th, happy shooting.

Re: November Chalenge - Effective Use of Negative Space - Discussion

Class. I like it. Hope I have more time with this months entry.

Class. I like it. Hope I have more time with this months entry.

agreed. Love the composition challenges.

Will leave first entry in this month too ;)

November's challenge keeps us looking at composition and may, or may not, be related to the Rule of Thirds challenge from earlier this year.

November's challenge, is "Effective Use of Negative Space"

There's a bit of background reading here and here, as well as a few decent examples here, but as ever it's your interpretation we're looking for.

PIctures must be taken between now and November 30th, happy shooting.

Great example that first one. I thought 'yeah it's bollocks, needs a crop' :lol:

we should encourage more users from PF to enter, judging by some of the outrageous remarks made on there some folks heads are FULL of negative space!

I might be looking at this wrong, but basically you could end up taking what you might perceive to be a bad photo, but in reality for this month it could turn out to be the perfect shot.

For example, something that was centred moves leaving a gap to the side/large area of the picture.

If so, then this could be my month as I've taken plenty of these :lol:

I might be looking at this wrong, but basically you could end up taking what you might perceive to be a bad photo, but in reality for this month it could turn out to be the perfect shot.

For example, something that was centred moves leaving a gap to the side/large area of the picture.

If so, then this could be my month as I've taken plenty of these :lol:

Centered is usually bad IMHO.

nice first entry on there. Like it! :)

She didn't bat an eyelid. At the time I was shooting a lot of models, I hardly shoot any now, except the Mrs.

Reet. Every time the theme is announced, i get an idea in my head, only to see a similar entry posted before me. Mine will be a poppy type theme this month, so fuck you all,,, First dabs, fuggy egg, (or fusty egga) etc etc. :-D

Reet. Every time the theme is announced, i get an idea in my head, only to see a similar entry posted before me. Mine will be a poppy type theme this month, so fuck you all,,, First dabs, fuggy egg, (or fusty egga) etc etc. :-D
fuggy what the.... :lol:

fuggy what the.... :lol:

Aye fuggy. As kids in Seaham bird nesting we used to say fusty egga when a nest was spotted. Apparently in parts of the town it's fuggy egg. Meaning i bagsy the first egg :lol:

Last edited:

Aye fuggy. As kids in Seaham bird nesting we used to say fusty egga when a nest was spotted. Apparently in parts of the town it's fuggy egg. Meaning i bagsy the first egg :lol:
Are you sure you're not a geordie? :lol:

I'm in and was wondering if I should also give you a sentence telling you how to interpret my shot.

The vast clear blue sky is allowing an unadulterated line of access to the suns soft autumnal warmth and light, it is gently caressing the castle's face, clearly this makes him happy.

:oops: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back