Not signing a target man in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulloa was our plan A...

Plan B was... see plan A.

Once Leicester said fuck off at the end of the window, we tried but ran out of time - shucks!

But Moyes assured us that he hadn't been wasting his time after being sacked at Sociedad and had built up a dossier of players should he find himself gainfully employed again. I can only assume he either lost it or is confusing it with one he had 10 years ago while at Everton.

But Moyes assured us that he hadn't been wasting his time after being sacked at Sociedad and had built up a dossier of players should he find himself gainfully employed again. I can only assume he either lost it or is confusing it with one he had 10 years ago while at Everton.

Love the dossier story.

How we steered clear of leon osman and tim cahill is baffling.

This is going to rub some people the wrong way, because it got beaten to death during pre-season, but I can't help but catch myself wondering.... what if.... they'd just listened to us and quickly signed Yedlin and MVilla.

Two athletic, know quantities, and they're sorely missing. They'd both be starting and would be a huge upgrade to what we have right now.

Would it have been enough? Impossible to say, but I have no doubt we'd be better off.
We would be better off even though yedlin was shit as well

will be the reason we go down if we do.
Crying out for someone to hold the ball up in Anichibes absence and Short sat on his hands.
Got sick of saying the very same thing.
Moyes' ineptitude has fkd us up big time. Waits til last minute to try and sign the injured Ulloa. Sums the bloke up.

Could not care f***ing less.

The club is back to ground zero. It's up to them now to inspire me to give a shit.

Got my membership for Durham CCC today though, every cloud eh :cool:

I laugh when folk get labelled as premiership only fans on here.
Seasons been a complete disaster but there has been various oportunities to improve chances of survival and the club as a group have done virtually jack shit.
Mass incompetence/negligence which deserves a mass backlash / walkout / stayaway.

He didn't sit on his hands at all, there was money available, Moyes had one target and no imagination

PVA is a decent Premier League player, and I'd guess he will spent the rest of his prime years in the division. I still don't get why SAFC fans don't rate him, probably because he actually showed some ambition to create and score, rather than just the rest of the planks who play it safe.

This absolute myth that he was costing us all these goals has been proven completely and utterly wrong.

Tbf we're not so much missing him at the back but going forward massively. He was our 2nd highest scorer and also opened up opportunities for Defoe when he came forward.

This is going to rub some people the wrong way, because it got beaten to death during pre-season, but I can't help but catch myself wondering.... what if.... they'd just listened to us and quickly signed Yedlin and MVilla.

Two athletic, know quantities, and they're sorely missing. They'd both be starting and would be a huge upgrade to what we have right now.

Would it have been enough? Impossible to say, but I have no doubt we'd be better off.
I was no great lover of Yedlin, he was bang average to be honest. What I'd do now to have an average right instead of the shite we have.

We offered good money for ulloa, we needed a plan b though.

Honestly could have took any target man, Jordan Rhodes whilst not a target man per se is good in the air, if money was there and it obviously was, it needed to be spent.

Tbf we're not so much missing him at the back but going forward massively. He was our 2nd highest scorer and also opened up opportunities for Defoe when he came forward.

Yeah exactly my point really, we have 10 pretty much work horses and Defoe, we could afford one more who at least tried to score IMO.

We offered good money for ulloa, we needed a plan b though.

Honestly could have took any target man, Jordan Rhodes whilst not a target man per se is good in the air, if money was there and it obviously was, it needed to be spent.

Pity that Iborra never signed fir us despite having a deal in place

He's some player

will be the reason we go down if we do.
Crying out for someone to hold the ball up in Anichibes absence and Short sat on his hands.
Most fans could see it but no, not Moyes! Instead he downgrades our attacking threat from lb and buys another injury prone midfielder.

I'm sure we would have a few more points than we do now if we had signed a target man or hold up striker...should have had a plan B if ulloa didn't come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back