Not 1 hospitalisation

i suggest we just fooking get on with life i cant be the only one here who's had enough of this shite... having said that i bet there is some on here who would get a right chubby on at the thought of a repeat of last winters lockdown....

I for one wouldn't get through one of them again

Poster: Posts positivity
Others posters: Let’s post something to suggest we shouldn’t be positive
Not really.
The issue isn't about being positive or negative as much as people like safcrob repeats it in pretty much every post on this forum. It's about context. But I do appreciate that there's been a large shift to people thinking 'us vs them' about pretty much every topic in recent times.

The post about lack of hospitalisation, if true, is pretty much meaningless without context. The average onset of severe symptoms is about two weeks. The median time from onset to hospitalisation is 7 days. We've had a small amount of cases, in a highly vaccinated population. Drawing any firm conclusions about a virus that is mild in 80%+ of the general population from such little and new data is stupid imo.

Last edited:
Not really.
The issue is about being positive or negative as much as people like safcrob repeats it in pretty much every post on this forum. It's about context. But I do appreciate that there's been a large shift to people thinking 'us vs them' about pretty much every topic.

The post about lack of hospitalisation, if true, is pretty much meaningless without context. The average onset of severe symptoms is about two weeks. The median time from onset to hospitalisation is 7 days. We've had a small amount of cases, in a highly vaccinated population. Drawing any firm conclusions from such little and new data is stupid imo.

its a divisive subject i suppose just like Brexit etc keeps the media moist, as with Brexit there was w@nkers on both side there is no denying covid is a terrible virus but then there has been no amount of corruption surrounding it so no wonder there is such a divide

Not really.
The issue is about being positive or negative as much as people like safcrob repeats it in pretty much every post on this forum. It's about context. But I do appreciate that there's been a large shift to people thinking 'us vs them' about pretty much every topic.

The post about lack of hospitalisation, if true, is pretty much meaningless without context. The average onset of severe symptoms is about two weeks. The median time from onset to hospitalisation is 7 days. We've had a small amount of cases, in a highly vaccinated population. Drawing any firm conclusions about a virus that is mild in 80%+ of the general population from such little and new data is stupid imo.

I can only speak for myself but I’m not looking for firm conclusions as I know it’s a while away yet.

The media response to this was how bad things were and the usual scaremongering. It was expected that things could go very badly very quickly.

Up to now, there hasn’t been any evidence to suggest that is what is going to happen here nor is happening in South Africa where there are a lot more cases. Compared to the predictions made by others that has to be seen in a positive light surely?

I posted something positive the other day you clown and you had an issue with it and then disappeared when a number of posters pointed it out to you.

Even what I’ve just posted isn’t negative, it’s just a reminder of why scientists are suggesting time is needed. You seem to be creating some bizarre issue in your head with something that isn’t there

You are saying we need wait and see how things pan out before speculating but have been speculating yourself with bad news without bothering to wait yourself

Post in thread 'Less than 1% chance of reinfection with the new variant' Less than 1% chance of reinfection with the new variant

Post in thread 'Omicron - bit of positive news & some optimism' Omicron - bit of positive news & some optimism

Post in thread 'No end in sight ?' No end in sight ?

Post in thread 'Omicron - bit of positive news & some optimism' Omicron - bit of positive news & some optimism

Last edited:
I can only speak for myself but I’m not looking for firm conclusions as I know it’s a while away yet.

The media response to this was how bad things were and the usual scaremongering. It was expected that things could go very badly very quickly.

Up to now, there hasn’t been any evidence to suggest that is what is going to happen here nor is happening in South Africa where there are a lot more cases. Compared to the predictions made by others that has to be seen in a positive light surely?
Of course it is, it's looking positive so far, but time will tell. There are snippets of info that could be easily pushed to try and show that omicron is dangerous like hospital numbers. If the press were as bad as some make out they'd be doing this.
I've stayed away from comments about the press for the past year. They play a vital role in public health.
I said this back in Jan

Back