Norwich

Norwich is still a fine city as they say. It's benefited from being bloody awful to get to by keeping lots of dross out!

As already said, loads of pubs (there used to one for every day of the year and a church for every Sunday, no more though...)

Cinemas, bowling, night clubs, Whittlingham broad for some watersports (as in boats etc) if you're into that, or just a walk around. Loads of nice cafes, two cathedrals and a castle if you want a bit of culture and history. Elm Hill worth a look (for the history side) and there's a Weatherspoons round the corner or the lawyer if you fancy a more sophisticated pint. Two shopping malls, Chapelfield the newest. Theatre Royal... Absolutely loads to do.

Norwich is still a fine city as they say. It's benefited from being bloody awful to get to by keeping lots of dross out!

As already said, loads of pubs (there used to one for every day of the year and a church for every Sunday, no more though...)

Cinemas, bowling, night clubs, Whittlingham broad for some watersports (as in boats etc) if you're into that, or just a walk around. Loads of nice cafes, two cathedrals and a castle if you want a bit of culture and history. Elm Hill worth a look (for the history side) and there's a Weatherspoons round the corner or the lawyer if you fancy a more sophisticated pint. Two shopping malls, Chapelfield the newest. Theatre Royal... Absolutely loads to do.

The nightclubs are absolutely shit mind. My one criticism.

Norwich is a beautiful city. Loads of decent bars, the Belgian Monk near the market square has already been mentioned but it's about £8 for a half of dangerously strong Belgian ale
Gonzo's is a canny bar
The Murderers is allegedly the oldest bar in the city
Castle Musuem is good if you're into that sorta shit
Good Odeon cinema near the train station with a f***ing enormous screen
As it has a uni, there's also loads of fit lasses kicking about
There’s a nice restaurant / bar almost next door to The Belgian Monk. I’ve forgotten the name but I’d best try and remember as I’m having a meal and some scoops there tomorrow evening!! Think it has “Iron” in the name. I need to look it up.

Back