Norwich City

They are great at winning the championship but a woeful premier league team.
I feel like we were the first club to be like this in the prem era. Norwich have now overtaken us, along with WBA (not sure if they win the league every time, but definitely yo-yo'd even more than us by now).
Sheff United as well.
Sheff U finished high up. The following season they started badly and went down bottom, like Norwich most likely will
I'm hoping thats the Mags tbh.

Kurl isnt the keeper he used to be.

Of course, as you say... Derby back in 2007/8 hold the lowest tally of points in the PL, 4 of those where from Newcastle :lol:
Would have been six if not for a last minute goal too!
I'm sure the mags will gift them points like they did Sheffield United last season...
Battered the mags last time they were up!
Same with WBA. They either occupy a relegation spot or a promotion one.
Rotherham are the same between L1 and the champo

Last edited:
Could a club go up and down for say 5 or 6 seasons, bank the cash it produces and not spend on players to stay up. Then after a few cycles of this spend your savings on players to keep you up and then push on. Is there more money in getting relegated for one season than finishing 17th?

Probably one of the most consistent clubs around. Not many teams can exist between the same 6 or so league positions for such a long period. Especially when those 6 positions straddle two very different leagues.
Excellent model for a business, from a financial perspective - incredibly sustainable.
It may not be exciting, but I bet Derby fans and a few others would swap postions/situations with them in a heartbeat.
They must have a great time in The Championship - some/most of my favourite seasons watching Sunderland have been when we were at the top of that league, playing great football.
At least Norwich only have to suffer one shit season in the Premier League, rather than circling the plug hole year after year like we did.

A
Thought their manager was very arrogant after a league cup thrashing of Bournemouth a few weeks ago when he said:

"It is important that you deliver a good performance, but we also have to be a bit careful.
"This was a game on Championship level, top Championship level, and it proves that if we played there then we would probably romp the league again.
"But the Premier League is a different animal and I have to make sure I don't throw some lads too early into the cold water."

That could quite easily turn around and bite him on the backside. There are no guarantees at this level of football and all it would take is an injury or two.
Always found Naaaarch to be a very arrogant club, tbh.

How come the Norwich fans and the media are not screaming injustice, demanding the owners sell up so that they can return to the halcyon days of top 3 Premier League finishes, nights in Munich and players of the ilk of Jeremy Goss, Mark Bowen, Ruel Fox and the vastly underrated Ian Culverhouse?

It sounds similar to another club we know. :lol:

They’ve had a really difficult start to the season. Their first 4 games were brutal, I’d expect some well established PL teams to lose all of them.

Losing to Watford was a hammer blow. After losing 4 on the spin, it turned the Watford match into a high pressure must win game.

I’m with the OP
Ok I get they are well run and sell players for a profit , nothing wrong with that, good for them , but when do you actually go out and starting having a go of doing something in the prem , Brentford have sold loads of players down the years but have already showed they won’t be pushovers
Norwich were a waste of time last time they were in the prem and gave up by January and they are doing the same now
I just don’t see the point of them

Probably secured their financial future for many a moon. Not to be sniffed at in these uncertain days.
Absolutely boring for the fans though! I couldn’t even get excited at winning promotion knowing that we’d be pretty much nailed on to go down the next.

Back