Northern trains

8.29 GC from Sunderland to King's Cross that is supposed to later be the unit that's the 17.30 from Sunderland has also been cancelled due to a fault, so probably going to be interesting going south after the game too.

With the cancellation of the GC, it's looking likely I'll now be on the 11:01 rattler, out of British West Hartlepool Upon Sea.
10:30 and 11:39 4 carriages
12:37 2 carriages
The bullet trains are both 2 carriages

Looks like all post match trains are 2 carriages.

As per real time trains #SAFC

Been like this for a few weeks now. Would be nice to see some bigger trains on the way back like

———————

They cancel trains everyday this lot! So unreliable
The GC service is getting worse, by the day. :evil:

Last edited:
I'm no expert but I think the technical term is the trains are 'old as f**k'
The current trains have always been a bit “crap as f**k”. They were meant to replace the old HSTs out of Paddington but were so unreliable that Great Western sent them back carried on using its HSTs for a bit even though those were nearly as old as me. But they’re getting a bit old now as well.

The current trains have always been a bit “crap as f**k”. They were meant to replace the old HSTs out of Paddington but were so unreliable that Great Western sent them back carried on using its HSTs for a bit even though those were nearly as old as me. But they’re getting a bit old now as well.
Definately seemed s bit newer/more modern 2 year or so ago but clearly rebadged/used.

Used to get me into london on time every week n back no bother, often for about £26 ew, had various loyalty vouchers etc pre covid too.
All staff lovely, proper helpful n cheery.

Be a real shame if they turned shit.

10:30 and 11:39 4 carriages
12:37 2 carriages
The bullet trains are both 2 carriages

Looks like all post match trains are 2 carriages.

As per real time trains #SAFC

Been like this for a few weeks now. Would be nice to see some bigger trains on the way back like

———————

They cancel trains everyday this lot! So unreliable
What many people don’t realise is that, under Article 16 of EU Regulation 1371/2007 on Rail Passengers’ Rights and Obligations, (which despite Brexit is still UK law and is commonly known in industry circles as PRO), if the anticipated delay is more than one hour, you are entitled to be rerouted at the earliest opportunity. In practice, many of the train operating companies (TOCs) tend to ignore this law. Grand Central in particular argue that allowing you to travel on the next Grand Central service fulfils their PRO obligations. You can ask to be rerouted onto LNER, but when GC refuse your request, as they inevitably do, the usual outcome is to buy another ticket on LNER and then claim the cost of this back from GC through the courts.
8.29 GC from Sunderland to King's Cross that is supposed to later be the unit that's the 17.30 from Sunderland has also been cancelled due to a fault, so probably going to be interesting going south after the game too.
If that’s so, Real-time trains hasn’t been updated as 17:30 is still showing as running.

Last edited:
What many people don’t realise is that, under Article 16 of EU Regulation 1371/2007 on Rail Passengers’ Rights and Obligations, (which despite Brexit is still UK law and is commonly known in industry circles as PRO), if the anticipated delay is more than one hour, you are entitled to be rerouted at the earliest opportunity. In practice, many of the train operating companies (TOCs) tend to ignore this law. Grand Central in particular argue that allowing you to travel on the next Grand Central service fulfils their PRO obligations. You can ask to be rerouted onto LNER, but when GC refuse your request, as they inevitably do, the usual outcome is to buy another ticket on LNER and then claim the cost of this back from GC through the courts.

If that’s so, Real-time trains hasn’t been updated as 17:30 is still showing as running.
GC train parked up at Pelaw just now.

Back