North East vs South East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funny I was in Epsom and noticed more without masks. Nature of work down South may mean more working from home
Particularly central London with most offices still WFH

It can only be that people are behaving differently. As has been proven, the more poverty stricken places get hit hardest.
I had family down London the Weekend gone and they say the pubs and restaurants where chocka-block.Yet the sparsely populated north east is being locked down ?

Makes no sense.

It's clear that the rona can't be contained. So what's the endgame?
Lockdown after lockdown waiting for a vaccine which may NEVER materialise?
That's not a strategy,- it's postponing the inevitable.
Time to stop this ridiculousness and have at it
:rolleyes:
I had family down London the Weekend gone and they say the pubs and restaurants where chocka-block.Yet the sparsely populated north east is being locked down ?

Makes no sense.
But us daft twats up here have not played the game and have spread it amongst ourselves at a huge rate of knots as opposed to down south - simple as that.
Burnside clerb :evil:

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

But us daft twats up here have not played the game and have spread it amongst ourselves at a huge rate of knots as opposed to down south - simple as that.
The virus was brought over from a flight from Greece apparently by one of the lads who had just come back from a holiday who was at that game.

I've not been down south but I've seen a big difference in social distancing and mask wearing between Sunderland and North Yorkshire where I am quite regularly. Very often no masks in supermarkets up here. Even today with lockdown pending at Seaburn Morrisons there was loads without masks.

I've not been down south but I've seen a big difference in social distancing and mask wearing between Sunderland and North Yorkshire where I am quite regularly. Very often no masks in supermarkets up here. Even today with lockdown pending at Seaburn Morrisons there was loads without masks.

Its bizarre Bob because I see most people wearing masks. I must just go to the wrong places as I see good compliance

He wasn’t to know was he.

If the govt want to go down the route of being terrified of this whole thing then why let flights come in from all over the world ,?
I know what you're saying.
But was there was no 2 weeks isolation on returnees from Greece in place then?
Exactly.
And wifies pushing past you to get a pack of bacon.
No social distancing at all.

Last edited:
I was in the town centre the other week to give my brother a lift..down Green Terrace the queues for the pubs was ridiculous..same outside that P’s and Q’s..dropped him off down the Saltgrass on bank holiday Sunday afternoon..fkn ridiculous..young’uns all grouped together no distancing..the pub owners have got to take responsibility..and where’s the police when it’s happening.

Last edited:
The problem is following the rules can still cause a spread.

To anyone following the rules in pubs and restaurants, how close were you able to be to people you didn't live with but were at the same table as? Up here in Aberdeen my wife went out with a friend for a meal. They had them at a booth table sitting on the same side, apparently to help stop the spread to other tables. But it meant my wife and friend were much close to each other than my and the wife were when we went out for a meal together sitting opposite each other at a table. And since they were there for a couple of hours, if either of them had Covid, the other will most likely have it now.

Makes no sense.

It makes sense if cases are fleeing up more here. I reckon social distancing is less likely in places like workingmens clubs, of which you don't find in London.

And we are locking down as all local councils requested it.

To anyone following the rules in pubs and restaurants, how close were you able to be to people you didn't live with but were at the same table as? Up here in Aberdeen my wife went out with a friend for a meal. They had them at a booth table sitting on the same side, apparently to help stop the spread to other tables. But it meant my wife and friend were much close to each other than my and the wife were when we went out for a meal together sitting opposite each other at a table. And since they were there for a couple of hours, if either of them had Covid, the other will most likely have it now.

Was up Scotland a couple of weeks back. All the pubs and bait places we were in had a strict mask on all times if wandering about, like to go for a piss or head out for a tab. England appears to be playing catch up on that front.
I was in the town centre the other week to give my brother a lift..down Green Terrace the queues for the pubs was ridiculous..same outside that P’s and Q’s..dropped him off down the Saltgrass on bank holiday Sunday afternoon..fkn ridiculous..young’uns all grouped together no distancing..the pub owners have got to take responsibility..and where’s the police when it’s happening.

Exactly. And people refuse to accept our behaviour up here is a reason for a spike.

Correct. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Apparently you are more likely to catch the virus sitting opposite each other than side by side basically because you are breathing directly at each other

It makes sense if cases are fleeing up more here. I reckon social distancing is less likely in places like workingmens clubs, of which you don't find in London.

And we are locking down as all local councils requested it.

Was up Scotland a couple of weeks back. All the pubs and bait places we were in had a strict mask on all times if wandering about, like to go for a piss or head out for a tab. England appears to be playing catch up on that front.
Walking around yeah, but at the table you can be pretty much arm in arm with other people at the table while following the now 2 household/6 people limit. Supposed to still socially distance from other households when meeting up without any mitigation, but not possible at most restaurant/pub tables especially if some places sit you side by side.

Walking around yeah, but at the table you can be pretty much arm in arm with other people at the table while following the now 2 household/6 people limit. Supposed to still socially distance from other households when meeting up without any mitigation, but not possible at most restaurant/pub tables especially if some places sit you side by side.

Wasnt debating that marra, just in general found places stricter up there. And more compliance.

Apparently you are more likely to catch the virus sitting opposite each other than side by side basically because you are breathing directly at each other
Close personal contact is also one too. But as said, the sitting on the same side wasn't to prevent potential spread on the table, but to keep people at different booths further apart.
Wasnt debating that marra, just in general found places stricter up there. And more compliance.
Possibly we've had more time to be used to stricter measures around face mask wearing. But still places not totally strict on track an trace, leaving it to the customer to do it rather than making sure it's done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back