Nordic Spirit nicotine pouches

I quit before Christmas, I used a Nicorette inhalator for a few weeks and tried a vape just to see the smoke.
I've been off all types of replacements since February but I still head for the back door when I get up in the morning, a smoke before getting dressed was my secret pleasure, I was away fishing for a week at the start of this month and really craved one, can't go back they were causing loads of problems but I do miss the buzz.

Vaping does nothing for me. Makes me cough like fuck and doesn't scratch any itch.

I also enjoy the act of smoking but after putting one of these pouches in the thought of having one was disgusting to me.
Yeah, I get a really dry throat off mine which causes a shitty little cough a couple of days after.

I ain’t had one for a while now but smtimes when I’m sat at my computer my hand reaches for where my tabs/ashtray used to be :lol:

I am glad I quit like but I just never imagined months later I’d be wanting a tab this bad …I f***ing dreamt savour them last week :oops:

It’s weird - I’ve quit a few times and it’s always the 2-3 month mark that my brain starts kicking off and I relapse.

It's the whole act of smoking I enjoy. Nothing quite recreates it. I've had a Juul thing on and off for ages and that's the closest I've gettin to smoking but it's still a bit shit really.
Exactly this. It’s what non smokers will never understand. I have a couple before bed every night but I have no desire to smoke the other 23 hours. But come Friday night and you pour the first beer and light your first tab it’s magic.

Exactly this. It’s what non smokers will never understand. I have a couple before bed every night but I have no desire to smoke the other 23 hours. But come Friday night and you pour the first beer and light your first tab it’s magic.

Aye, and that's what I'm trying to give up. Hence the thread about these pouches.

I reject your post in its entirety. Just no.
Well it’s right. If it was the nicotine I’d be wanting to smoke more than once a day, and I couldn’t go for a few days without one, as I do sometimes. And it’s hard to give up cos I like the routine of doing it more than the actual tab. Vapes are either too harsh or too lightweight. Nothing I’ve tried recreates pulling on a tab.

Well it’s right. If it was the nicotine I’d be wanting to smoke more than once a day, and I couldn’t go for a few days without one, as I do sometimes. And it’s hard to give up cos I like the routine of doing it more than the actual tab. Vapes are either too harsh or too lightweight. Nothing I’ve tried recreates pulling on a tab.

I'm not trying to recreate the feeling of smoking – I'm trying to give up smoking.

I'm trying to remove the desire to smoke by delivering nicotine to my body in a different way.

Stop pretending not to understand.

My Mrs tried for years to give up smoking. Tried patches, will power, that Alan Carr (not the comedian) book, hypnosis and even switching to vaping but nothing worked. Finally she went for a course of acupuncture and she's been off them for over 5 years. Might be worth trying if you're struggling to give up.

My Mrs tried for years to give up smoking. Tried patches, will power, that Alan Carr (not the comedian) book, hypnosis and even switching to vaping but nothing worked. Finally she went for a course of acupuncture and she's been off them for over 5 years. Might be worth trying if you're struggling to give up.

I've had acupuncture as part of an osteopathy treatment I had for a bad back. What's the link to giving up cigarettes? I'm intrigued.
Sold all over in Sweden. Everyone I know who uses them quickly ends up with brown rotten teeth and severe gum disease.

My gums are always bleeding from smoking anyway and these pouches contain no tobacco, so nee bother there.

I've had acupuncture as part of an osteopathy treatment I had for a bad back. What's the link to giving up cigarettes? I'm intrigued.

My gums are always bleeding from smoking anyway and these pouches contain no tobacco, so nee bother there.
If it’s for a short period probably no lasting effects. The Swedish have them in day and night.

The stuff with tobacco is rotten. Tried it once and sat monged for about an hour. I’m a non-smoker mind.

No idea tbh. She had these seeds attached to her ears and was told to press them when she felt a craving. Might be worth looking into if you are serious.

No idea tbh. She had these seeds attached to her ears and was told to press them when she felt a craving. Might be worth looking into if you are serious.
You press on the thing in your ear and it causes discomfort whenever you get the urge to smoke.

The theory is that your brain eventually associates the desire to smoke with discomfort thus breaking the link between smoking and pleasure.

Worked for my mam.

I'm not trying to recreate the feeling of smoking – I'm trying to give up smoking.

I'm trying to remove the desire to smoke by delivering nicotine to my body in a different way.

Stop pretending not to understand.
I do understand. I was explaining why I smoke, nowt to do with your struggle 😂

Back