"None of these three signing improve our starting XI"

Missed the sale of Clarke…. I’m gutted!
Not sure on you point. Never said he was sold, but mundle doesn't strengthen out starting 11 on either wing (and seems he would more likely be a winger to cut in lime clarke).
The op is saying these signings possibly Improve our starting 11 but they are all squad fillers that may improve in time to be first teamers

Because its true. They may well in future. But no way mundle takes clarkes place (barely even played first team football and has been allowed to leave for a nominal fee after 6months).
Hjelde will get some game time but that's due to our two LBs being perma-crocked. Styles won't displace the midfield but again may be an option that gets to play lb because of injuries.

Hjelde is a better centre half than fullback. f***ing shite is how Leeds fans described him out wide. Styles is a jack of a few trades and master of none

For me it’s not the quality of those 3 that’s the issue. I’ve no idea if they will be good enough based on what I know of them.

The issue is that we haven’t filled the gaping holes in the squad that have been present for at least 12 months.

I’m going to put the most positive spin on the signings I can.

I actually am pretty underwhelmed. It feels to me that the clear needs - DM, CF - have been ignored. Again.

But let’s have a go…

It’s long been said that Speakman favours a 4-3-3 formation. That the inspiration is Liverpool. Not quite three out and out number 8s, but all high energy and high pressing.

Now, I resent Speakman’s power to determine this and Liverpool are direct - we seem to be slowing down this year, not speeding up. However, reluctantly, I have to concede: I much prefer this formation and Beale seems to be moving towards it and away from Mowbrays obsession with 4-2-3-1 which he has been playing for over ten years and even before it were fashionable.

We still need a 9 imo, but I think Speakman has funny ideas about how you can have fluid wingers inter-changing. His idea of a 9 is Mayenda, not Moore.

Anyway - in that light, Styles provides more depth and high pressing energy for the formation shift. Selling Pritchard is rational as he doesn’t fit the system, Dan Neil is our number 6, with cover now provided by Luke O’Nein. Eh!? No really, maybe that is the plan… Because £2m for a defender who won’t get in the first team at left back is hard to believe - that’s not a squad player fee for us. So maybe he is the left-footed, ball-playing centre back to pair with Ballard?

And the the winger? More physical, more direct, more fluid - perfect for 4-3-3, higher up the pitch.

So there we are - I tried. Anyone convinced?

No sure I am.

The ownership are taking the royal piss. People might be able to get on board a little more if they admitted we have to be a little more creative as we simply don't have the money. The club need to stop coming out with the absolute tripe about "transfer planning for the next window begins as soon as this one shuts". They talk about an 'obsession with progression' and 'striving for best in class.

It's a load of complete waffle and corporate jargon. We haven't addressed the Striker issue which has been staring us in the face for over a year, We have three strikers (amazingly we let the fourth go on loan whilst bringing nobody in) who have scored 2 goals between them and it's now February.

They said at the start of the season the the aim was top two, They then readjusted this to play-offs following Ipswich / Leicester going off like a steam train (Ipswich, Who were a L1 club last year by the way), and they have again failed to address anything this window. We are crying out for a holding midfielder, We are crying out for a goalscorer who is ready for now.

People talk about the Keiffer Moore deal being ridiculously expensive (FWIW I didn't particularly want Moore, but he's a ready made, Championship striker). Ipswich are covering £30K per weeks wages, It equates to £480,000. We got almost double that for playing the Mags in the cup on attendances alone which was unaccounted for before the January window 'planning' had begun, and you have the added element he might even get you promoted by giving you a shot of the playoffs.

Once again they've hung their hat on Diallo being available, Once again that's fallen through. They are running us like we are a charity shop in the hope people do us favours, It's embarrassing.

There's a fair argument we haven't just not improved this window, We have actually got worse. The Pritchard situation is like the Mowbray one, I had no issue with him going, But I do have an issue with replacing him / them with worse, who conveniently are cheaper.
You obviously have time on your hands

Because its true. They may well in future. But no way mundle takes clarkes place (barely even played first team football and has been allowed to leave for a nominal fee after 6months).
Hjelde will get some game time but that's due to our two LBs being perma-crocked. Styles won't displace the midfield but again may be an option that gets to play lb because of injuries.

Styles will play when he's fit. Behind Neil and Jobe in a 3

Let’s look at the facts instead of blaming the fans, and trying to pretend your the biggest Uber fan ever shall we.

Pritchard gone, arguably he made our best 11, Jobe has more potential, but pritchard is the better player currently, that’s our best 11 weakened for a start.

Styles - is he better than pritch, is he better than ekwah or Neil, will we drop Jobe for him, all a no, so no improvement there.

Lad from Leeds, couldn’t actually get in there squad, not first 11 there actual squad, he was third choice, is he better than what we have, nope.

Mundle has a grand total of 6 senior appearances to his name, is he better than Clarke or Roberts/Ba as they are our starting wingers?

There’s absolutely no way you can argue we’ve improved our first 11 because we haven’t.

Yep!

I’m going to put the most positive spin on the signings I can.

I actually am pretty underwhelmed. It feels to me that the clear needs - DM, CF - have been ignored. Again.

But let’s have a go…

It’s long been said that Speakman favours a 4-3-3 formation. That the inspiration is Liverpool. Not quite three out and out number 8s, but all high energy and high pressing.

Now, I resent Speakman’s power to determine this and Liverpool are direct - we seem to be slowing down this year, not speeding up. However, reluctantly, I have to concede: I much prefer this formation and Beale seems to be moving towards it and away from Mowbrays obsession with 4-2-3-1 which he has been playing for over ten years and even before it were fashionable.

We still need a 9 imo, but I think Speakman has funny ideas about how you can have fluid wingers inter-changing. His idea of a 9 is Mayenda, not Moore.

Anyway - in that light, Styles provides more depth and high pressing energy for the formation shift. Selling Pritchard is rational as he doesn’t fit the system, Dan Neil is our number 6, with cover now provided by Luke O’Nein. Eh!? No really, maybe that is the plan… Because £2m for a defender who won’t get in the first team at left back is hard to believe - that’s not a squad player fee for us. So maybe he is the left-footed, ball-playing centre back to pair with Ballard?

And the the winger? More physical, more direct, more fluid - perfect for 4-3-3, higher up the pitch.

So there we are - I tried. Anyone convinced?

No sure I am.
Have a like ,I’m a sucker for positivity.

How long with Mundle before the first -“ enjoy him while you can -will be off in the next transfer window “

If we get one quickly I’m in !!

I'm just enjoying the ride. We're a top 1/3 Championship side that is patiently building a young squad while ensuring financial stability, nothing wrong with that.

Also, nothing wrong with expectations and being disappointed with not strengthening when one believes there's a weakness. Two sides to every coin.

Let’s look at the facts instead of blaming the fans, and trying to pretend your the biggest Uber fan ever shall we.

Pritchard gone, arguably he made our best 11, Jobe has more potential, but pritchard is the better player currently, that’s our best 11 weakened for a start.

Styles - is he better than pritch, is he better than ekwah or Neil, will we drop Jobe for him, all a no, so no improvement there.

Lad from Leeds, couldn’t actually get in there squad, not first 11 there actual squad, he was third choice, is he better than what we have, nope.

Mundle has a grand total of 6 senior appearances to his name, is he better than Clarke or Roberts/Ba as they are our starting wingers?

There’s absolutely no way you can argue we’ve improved our first 11 because we haven’t.
There’s no such thing as a starting eleven …
Need to rotate to keep players fresh and need to use the bench to impact on the game. You have an opinion … it is not a “fact” that the players brought in will not improve the team
You also use Pritchard to support your view… it is debateable whether he should be in a starting eleven based on performances.. he has some wonderful Hollywood moments but consistent influence I’m not so sure.

Back