"None of these three signing improve our starting XI"

Because its true. They may well in future. But no way mundle takes clarkes place (barely even played first team football and has been allowed to leave for a nominal fee after 6months).
Hjelde will get some game time but that's due to our two LBs being perma-crocked. Styles won't displace the midfield but again may be an option that gets to play lb because of injuries.

Keep seeing people saying stuff like this on here and on socials

Writing off all of our January signings before they've even kicked a ball for us
Logon or register to see this image

Never change Sunderland fans
Gotta love this club man

Let’s look at the facts instead of blaming the fans, and trying to pretend your the biggest Uber fan ever shall we.

Pritchard gone, arguably he made our best 11, Jobe has more potential, but pritchard is the better player currently, that’s our best 11 weakened for a start.

Styles - is he better than pritch, is he better than ekwah or Neil, will we drop Jobe for him, all a no, so no improvement there.

Lad from Leeds, couldn’t actually get in there squad, not first 11 there actual squad, he was third choice, is he better than what we have, nope.

Mundle has a grand total of 6 senior appearances to his name, is he better than Clarke or Roberts/Ba as they are our starting wingers?

There’s absolutely no way you can argue we’ve improved our first 11 because we haven’t.

Because its true. They may well in future. But no way mundle takes clarkes place (barely even played first team football and has been allowed to leave for a nominal fee after 6months).
Hjelde will get some game time but that's due to our two LBs being perma-crocked. Styles won't displace the midfield but again may be an option that gets to play lb because of injuries.
All squad fillers.

The ownership are taking the royal piss. People might be able to get on board a little more if they admitted we have to be a little more creative as we simply don't have the money. The club need to stop coming out with the absolute tripe about "transfer planning for the next window begins as soon as this one shuts". They talk about an 'obsession with progression' and 'striving for best in class.

It's a load of complete waffle and corporate jargon. We haven't addressed the Striker issue which has been staring us in the face for over a year, We have three strikers (amazingly we let the fourth go on loan whilst bringing nobody in) who have scored 2 goals between them and it's now February.

They said at the start of the season the the aim was top two, They then readjusted this to play-offs following Ipswich / Leicester going off like a steam train (Ipswich, Who were a L1 club last year by the way), and they have again failed to address anything this window. We are crying out for a holding midfielder, We are crying out for a goalscorer who is ready for now.

People talk about the Keiffer Moore deal being ridiculously expensive (FWIW I didn't particularly want Moore, but he's a ready made, Championship striker). Ipswich are covering £30K per weeks wages, It equates to £480,000. We got almost double that for playing the Mags in the cup on attendances alone which was unaccounted for before the January window 'planning' had begun, and you have the added element he might even get you promoted by giving you a shot of the playoffs.

Once again they've hung their hat on Diallo being available, Once again that's fallen through. They are running us like we are a charity shop in the hope people do us favours, It's embarrassing.

There's a fair argument we haven't just not improved this window, We have actually got worse. The Pritchard situation is like the Mowbray one, I had no issue with him going, But I do have an issue with replacing him / them with worse, who conveniently are cheaper.

Last edited:
Let’s look at the facts instead of blaming the fans, and trying to pretend your the biggest Uber fan ever shall we.

Pritchard gone, arguably he made our best 11, Jobe has more potential, but pritchard is the better player currently, that’s our best 11 weakened for a start.

Styles - is he better than pritch, is he better than ekwah or Neil, will we drop Jobe for him, all a no, so no improvement there.

Lad from Leeds, couldn’t actually get in there squad, not first 11 there actual squad, he was third choice, is he better than what we have, nope.

Mundle has a grand total of 6 senior appearances to his name, is he better than Clarke or Roberts/Ba as they are our starting wingers?

There’s absolutely no way you can argue we’ve improved our first 11 because we haven’t.

Trying to argue against my point that its stupid to write of all the signings before they've played a game by writing off all the signings before they've played a game

All i'm saying is maybe... just maybe... we should wait and see how good they are before writing them off.

Seen a lot of people say that the last few windows haven't improved the side, despite 7 or 8 of the starting 11 every week featuring players that we've signed in the last few windows (not taking in to account loans in last season's windows, and an absolutely stacked bench).

It's just blatant ignorance to suit an agenda.

Trying to argue against my point that its stupid to write of all the signings before they've played a game by writing off all the signings before they've played a game

All i'm saying is maybe... just maybe... we should wait and see how good they are before writing them off.

It’s an absolutely ridiculous argument, have you just ignored what I wrote.

Why don’t Man City take Hemir off us, we can’t say he won’t be better than Haaland and make their first 11 until he plays a few games for them. That’s the way it works aye?

Missed the sale of Clarke…. I’m gutted!

Back