Non League Football

Spenny 1-1 N Ferriby.

Absolute shambles l

So, that means a win at the weekend and a better result than Bradford PA gets the last playoff spot?

Not just Spenny but NLN has been disappointing for the greater North East. Darlington have stayed up easily, which is good, but at one point Spennymoor, York and Blyth were looking like playoff sides but it's fallen away for all of them.

More dropped points for Morpeth. Marske are 12points behind with 7 games in hand . Morpeth have 1 game left to play. They should still scrape top spot.

Invitations for an extra promotion spot from the nl. If any team wants to go up they can apply with teams from other lgs

Edit

Didn't realise Marske were playing tonight. They won and are now also promoted

So, that means a win at the weekend and a better result than Bradford PA gets the last playoff spot?

Not just Spenny but NLN has been disappointing for the greater North East. Darlington have stayed up easily, which is good, but at one point Spennymoor, York and Blyth were looking like playoff sides but it's fallen away for all of them.
York or Blyth could still nick the last spot too

I know. But if Bradford PA win, that's that. Admittedly, they're away at Kidderminster so it's not a given. The disappointment is that all three have collapsed. Blyth have lost 7 in 9 or something and York have 1 point from the last five.
Spenny haven't won in a while either, but they probably have the best fixture to get a result. It's a very disappointing end of the season for NE teams in this league.

Yep, been a shocking end to the season for Spenny - 6 points (and 1 win) from last 10 games, I'd even expect better from Coleman :eek:. A lot of modest opponents in that time as well, especially tonight's. Bradford PA have in contrast won their lost 4 games, or 5 of their last 7.

On paper, Spenny do have the better last game, but they need to better BPA's result and while Kiddie away is tough, they are guaranteed to finish in the position they are currently in, so may well be preparing for the playoffs and at the same time, you wouldn't be confident in Spenny beating an equally out of sorts Southport.

Last round of fixtures in the National League tomorrow and still 3 play-off places up for grabs (5th, 6th and 7th place). Should be an entertaining last day with a number of sides still in with a chance.

5) Ebbsfleet 73 +14 GD
6) Fylde 72 +26 GD
7) Boreham Wood 72 +15 GD
8) Bromley 70 +20 GD
9) Dover 70 +17 GD
10) Wrexham 69 +10 GD

Massive win for Alnwick away at Willington last night. Gap down to 3 points, and Brandon 2nd bottom face Darlo RA 3rd bottom on Saturday.

Woking getting relegated tomorrow live on tele.

A spectacular collapse in form considering they were briefly second in the table earlier this season :rolleyes:

Just love football me like :lol:
I took Woking at 9/1 to be relegated about 6-8 weeks ago. They were the worst team I've seen at Hartlepool this season. Hope they go down as traveling to Barrow would be much easier

More dropped points for Morpeth. Marske are 12points behind with 7 games in hand . Morpeth have 1 game left to play. They should still scrape top spot.

Invitations for an extra promotion spot from the nl. If any team wants to go up they can apply with teams from other lgs
Interesting, Im sure West Auckland said they were interested at beginning of season. We might finally start getting some movement in the Northern league

Interesting, Im sure West Auckland said they were interested at beginning of season. We might finally start getting some movement in the Northern league
That’s what’s needed to address the imbalance. Hopefully 3 going up will actually incentivise other teams in the Northern League to give it a go next season. Once you get to a point where there’s at least half a dozen NE clubs in the Evostik, it won’t seem as much of a financial drain on resources.

Back