Nobody moving down a tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

are you off you rocker mate like seriously Covid has a mortality rate of about 1% aye

Overall it does.

Not among the over 60s though.
Well, I would beg to differ about the disposable income bit, but I can't be arsed digging out any facts or figures.

As for the dying bit I would have said that over 75s are the one's in most danger. Below that your odds get better and better the younger you are.

You could just as easily have said over 50s as that also includes the age groups most in danger.

I can prove it if you like. I did the research before I posted

Overall it does.

Not among the over 60s though.

even then its not as if people are falling down dead left right an centre like your post implies we know this is very dangerous to the over 60's but then again isnt Flu not at the same level but

It has driven rates down successfully in most areas.

What doesn't work is moving to tier 2 as cases simply rise again.

Tier 3 from now til Easter at the earliest for everybody. Anybody who is not in it now will be eventually.

It wasn't that long ago you were certain schools weren't opening till 2021 so I'll be taking you analysis with a pinch of salt

Pass. I'm resigned to this until Easter as I said a while back on here. Absolutely nobody apart from Houchen and Preston standing up for us and on the grand scheme of things they have very little say
If you stand up for your people then you get a black mark against you (See Burnham / Manchester) . He wanted at least some of Manc to be tier 2 ( meaning splitting the borough into 2 ) - but they weren't having it ( though other places are allowed to be split depending on who is the MP )

even then its not as if people are falling down dead left right an centre like your post implies we know this is very dangerous to the over 60's but then again isnt Flu not at the same level but

You lost me at "but then again isnt Flu"
It wasn't that long ago you were certain schools weren't opening till 2021 so I'll be taking you analysis with a pinch of salt

Fair play.

In April I wasn't convinced they'd open until January.

In June I wasn't convinced they'd open until January.

My kids school have done a cracking job with one bubble being sent home once.

Fair enough - but I still don't think the over 60s are the ones spending enough to keep the likes of the vast majority of pubs and restaurants open and viable. They might have the disposable income but they simply don't burn through it like those in their 20s - 50s.

Of course no one is moving down a tier.

This whole thing is a one way ratchet.

They have no intention of ever letting us go back to normal.

That's the price to pay for this Xmas fkn foolishness
Possibly - let's wait and see. It might not happen if the majority follow the guidance and not the law.

As for Easter - I think (hope) we'll be seeing reductions in restrictions country-wide by then. Furlough will be finished by then and I can't see them doing anything but trying to kickstart the economy, especially as the vaccinations will (again, hopefully) have started to have an impact on the number of cases and deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back