No18 Holmeside

shite location though looking out onto all the buses on holmeside, suspect the owner thought he might cash in on the new college but students just want cheap fast food , shame but no real suprise

The owner seems canny like. We had a conversation once about schinkenfleckerl and tartiflette.

Is it only me thinks there's too many cafes and food places and restaurants ?
Its one of those businesses that can make a living on dead high streets along with hairdressers,vape shops,old clothes, etc but you hit a limit

Its one of those businesses that can make a living on dead high streets along with hairdressers,vape shops,old clothes, etc but you hit a limit
Only thing with any demand these days. Non web based business. It's all about the experience now.

Not suggesting it's the case for this business but a lot of the ones you mention are cash only businesses and making a profit may not necessarily be the main motivation.;)

From what I've seen most vape shops fall on their arses pretty quickly. The ones that last tend to have staff that know what they're going on about, and have the patience of saints with new vapers.

Amazing we are this many posts in and nobody has slagged off the city centre as a whole or the council yet.

From what I've seen most vape shops fall on their arses pretty quickly. The ones that last tend to have staff that know what they're going on about, and have the patience of saints with new vapers.
Just quoting stuff that is replacing what we'd all call a proper shop
The point is in theory yes a cafe could do well but they rarely do because there's too many for the possible customer base

The owner seems canny like. We had a conversation once about schinkenfleckerl and tartiflette.
If its the same owner as before, he was a bit full on if you ask me.

...also, and this really f***ing grates on me, why the fuck do places make chips the size of a quarter of a potato and give you a few. Git massive wedges of potato, stacked up like Jenga, they're not f***ing chips man!!!! That place served them like that and instantly lost my custom, which was a shame as the burger was decent.

If its the same owner as before, he was a bit full on if you ask me.

...also, and this really f***ing grates on me, why the fuck do places make chips the size of a quarter of a potato and give you a few. Git massive wedges of potato, stacked up like Jenga, they're not f***ing chips man!!!! That place served them like that and instantly lost my custom, which was a shame as the burger was decent.
At least you can never be accused of lacking consistency.

Back