No18 Holmeside

Isnt that what used to be Holmeside Coffee that was in Independant?
I think so... I was in Saturday for a spot of lunch with my daughter and it was a very pleasant setting, lovely food (although only toasted sandwiches etc.) and great coffee.

Was really busy too which was good.

No 18 was doing well until it closed last year; I don’t think that it has had the same level of customers since it reopened unfortunately.

Purely based on passing it about 3 times a week Fri, Sat and Sun.

I contributed to their kickstarter so invited to a thank you party in a couple of weeks there. :cool:
Often wondered about kickstarter, seen it a few times, does that mean you're a shareholder because of your initial financial contibution, or is it like any other crowdfunding where you get nothing back from your contribution apart from an invite to their private party, where you'll know doubt make your monies worth back in Hors d'oeuvre's and drink?

Often wondered about kickstarter, seen it a few times, does that mean you're a shareholder because of your initial financial contibution, or is it like any other crowdfunding where you get nothing back from your contribution apart from an invite to their private party, where you'll know doubt make your monies worth back in Hors d'oeuvre's and drink?
You get a "gift" depending on your contribution usually. 15 quid got you a t-shirt for example. The more you gave the better the gift. This little party invite is a bonus and probably indicates how well it is working out for them.

Simon the owner is a great bloke but I never understood the choice of location and also why he employed a chef full time without learning to cook himself to save on the costs.

Back