No More Tyne Tunnel

I'd like the tunnel to introduce contactless payment. Why are you still required to chuck £1.70 in change into the machine? It's 2018! Surely it's about time they had a machine to press your card against, couple seconds, payment taken, barrier up and away you go.

I'd like the tunnel to introduce contactless payment. Why are you still required to chuck £1.70 in change into the machine? It's 2018! Surely it's about time they had a machine to press your card against, couple seconds, payment taken, barrier up and away you go.
You can mate. You throw your card in and it comes back out the bottom bit. Try it.

Would they? How it works on most tunnels and bridges.

Do bridges and tunnels that do this have alternatives in close proximity?

For example, how much would it cost in time and fuel to avoid the Severn Bridge if you’re driving from Bristol to Cardiff?

Massively agree with the contactless point. It’s an embarrassing glaring omission.

Bonkers it hasn't got number plate recognition like the dartford crossing..

Remember back in the day when working north of the tyne and coming out of graft at 16-30 on a friday..........huge fuck of queues when it was one lane.
I remember these times and having to drive through the bastard everyday. Usually added up to one to two hours on my working day at times.

Mind just about the last time I used the tunnel, I put my hand in the returned coins tray for my 50p change and about 7 quid was in it. Driving home as a winner!!:cool:

No idea I’m not really that interested.
:lol:

Back