No improvement under Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But all you are doing is making excuses for Parkinson. He failed here and was rightly sacked. LJ deserves at least the same time to try and implement his style. If he does not and we struggle he will get sacked aswell

I am making no excuses whatsoever for Parkinson. I’m saying that if ‘excuses’ can be made for Johnson, then they should be for Parkinson. Either mitigate both their results or neither. I’d prefer neither as every manager at every club has some things go against them. Dealing with those bad turns of fortune effectively is part of being a good manager.

But all you are doing is making excuses for Parkinson. He failed here and was rightly sacked. LJ deserves at least the same time to try and implement his style. If he does not and we struggle he will get sacked aswell

Thats absolutely right. I just take a slight issue with those saying that there has been improvement so far. there hasn't but there are mitigating circumstances as to why.

I honestly think if Johnson doesn't get top six he should go don't mess around for ten games next season like we did with Parkinson and Ross

I think they sacked him at exactly the right time. Right up until the MKDons defeat he had accumulated PPG over his previous 22 games that would have us automatically promoted. The football was shite to watch but I cant really see how under those circumstances he could have been sacked earlier imo.

He’d have not started the season to get to that point for me. It was clear as day we were going nowhere with him. Should have cut the losses and given someone a full season IMO.

I do understand why they didn’t mind.

I am making no excuses whatsoever for Parkinson. I’m saying that if ‘excuses’ can be made for Johnson, then they should be for Parkinson. Either mitigate both their results or neither. I’d prefer neither as every manager at every club has some things go against them. Dealing with those bad turns of fortune effectively is part of being a good manager.

They are not "excuses" for Johnson they are facts

They are not "excuses" for Johnson they are facts

You can call them what you like. Facts, mitigating factors, excuses. Whatever. The point remains though, it’s unfair to judge Johnson with mitigating factors applied whilst not giving Parkinson that same benefit of doubt. Our season was disrupted by covid last season, a PPG calculator was used that shafted us when play offs and even automatics weren’t technically out of the equation. Pre-season was disrupted by covid, club employees were furloughed, there was always chat about the takeover. These are all facts too and could be used as mitigating factors when judging Parkinson.

Personally, I don’t subscribe to it. Managers have to manage situations.

I honestly think if Johnson doesn't get top six he should go don't mess around for ten games next season like we did with Parkinson and Ross
I can see the logic in this... we have wasted so much time with the poor choice of manager in the past but on this occasion, the players we need out of the door are a contributing factor in Johnsons player pool. Between now and the seasons end he needs to display some little signs of improvement and what he is trying to achieve or out.

He's not saying that but he is right on the little improvement on the performance side...lets see what the games until the end of the season bring , they cant be any worse than yesterday.
But he is saying that, in reality being successful doesn't happen over night, LJ needs to get rid of the shit squad he's inherited and build a new one..

I can see the logic in this... we have wasted so much time with the poor choice of manager in the past but on this occasion, the players we need out of the door are a contributing factor in Johnsons player pool. Between now and the seasons end he needs to display some little signs of improvement and what he is trying to achieve or out.

Play offs should be the minimum expectation in terms of results. If we miss out but Johnson has changed how we play football and brought in new promising personnel then give him the chance. If nowt has changed and results have been poor, then his position would have to at least be under review.

I will give the manager till Easter but I think he is struggling. His patter is far too complicated. As the old saying used to go, bullshit baffles brains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back