No improvement under Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on. However, I fail to understand why we've become more vulnerable defensively. It's not as if Wright, McFadzean, Willis and Power are going off on marauding runs upfield and leaving us exposed. Power would seem to be the only one capable of actually creating a modicum of danger when pressing forward.

McFadzean is a bomb scare. No marauding runs yet still repeatedly out of position and can't read the game.

It's not even that we are conceding many chances to the opposition either though. Opposition has mustered 6 attempts on target between them in our last 3 games. Plymouth had 3 shots but scored 2. Hull we conceded to a keeper clanger. Shrewsburys best chance yesterday came from the keeper unable to kick a ball. Wigan won with one attempt on goal. The only other game weve conceded in under LJ was Wimbledon and was the games the squad kept dropping out throughout the day with covid.

The point is, his job is to manage, the change was supposed to bring better management, that hasn’t happened so far. Results against the poorest opposition have been appalling.

Agreed mate. A managers job is to be able to work with what he’s got, and show signs of improvement.
I’m just think the whole club is currently hamstrung by the current failures who own/run the club.

Ok its 1.5 per game still. Needs to be 2pt per game. However wigan game was still parky regime. There has been an improvement in style and goals scored. Let him have a window.

The goals per game ratio has very, very marginally improved. We’ve scored more than one goal in a game twice since Johnson arrived. I havent seen any particular improvement in style. If others have, fair enough.

McFadzean is a bomb scare. No marauding runs yet still repeatedly out of position and can't read the game.

It's not even that we are conceding many chances to the opposition either though. Opposition has mustered 6 attempts on target between them in our last 3 games. Plymouth had 3 shots but scored 2. Hull we conceded to a keeper clanger. Shrewsburys best chance yesterday came from the keeper unable to kick a ball. Wigan won with one attempt on goal. The only other game weve conceded in under LJ was Wimbledon and was the games the squad kept dropping out throughout the day with covid.
This vindicates L.J's coments about lack of concentration. Once erradicated we should win every game.

No. I haven’t said it’s a good measuring stick of how good he is either. I’ve used it solely in the context of disproving claims that results have improved.
Fair enough. I think we look equally poor under him, but can't blame the manager for our below par players and unbelievably shit owners.

The point is, his job is to manage, the change was supposed to bring better management, that hasn’t happened so far. Results against the poorest opposition have been appalling.

once again he didn’t have to take the job, and he knew which players he would be working with before he took it. It’s up to him now to manage better then the previous bloke, no excuses

The goals per game ratio has very, very marginally improved. We’ve scored more than one goal in a game twice since Johnson arrived. I havent seen any particular improvement in style. If others have, fair enough.
I think we’re scoring good goals, well made goals rather than penalties and the odd flukey screamer. We’re definitely trying to be more positive. There is some improvement and given Covid and our injuries that’s definitely progress. He’s also had a much better start than Parkinson results wise and slightly better than Ross.

Are we really going to count his first game, when he took to the sideline with an hour or two notice?
Discount that and do the maths again.
Of course you have to take into account his first game. If he didn't want to be in charge of that game, he could have insisted to wait 5 hours to make it official.
It is now 13 matches with Parkinson, 23 points. 13 matches with Johnson, 18 points. Ppg has taken a dive from 1.77 to 1.38.
Even if you do not take into account the first match, its gone downhill for points.

Of course you have to take into account his first game. If he didn't want to be in charge of that game, he could have insisted to wait 5 hours to make it official.
It is now 13 matches with Parkinson, 23 points. 13 matches with Johnson, 18 points. Ppg has taken a dive from 1.77 to 1.38.
Even if you do not take into account the first match, its gone downhill for points.

I still don't think you can. However, what we've seen the last few games is completely indefinensible. It's completely obvious that a two man midfield doesn't work with leadbitter in it. He simply doesn't have the legs.

It's also clear that O'brien isn't worth a shirt.

I'll not even mention Vokins.

Looks like LJ is actually worse than PP, amazing but true, he will be gone in the summer.
I would imagine he would be very good at interview, that is how he got the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back