No Fans in the Bundesliga until 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

So how are they going to keep a safe distance during the match?
And then those teams are going to travel... and meet more teams.

It still gives out completely the wrong message. If a group of mates can't kick a ball in a park together, neither should professionals.

It still gives out completely the wrong message. If a group of mates can't kick a ball in a park together, neither should professionals.

I cant answer that but as per usual the Germans are way ahead the rest of the world with testing etc......Preparation and all that

I cant answer that but as per usual the Germans are way ahead the rest of the world with testing etc......Preparation and all that
They are, but they still have folks dying, albeit in lesser numbers.
I think football should be setting an example rather than looking for almost any excuse to resume as soon as possible. I just can't help but feel it's all ultimately driven by money - but that's just my take on the motive for this. Same with the idea of having horse racing behind closed doors, and was the same with F1 initially thinking they were an exception to the rule.

I think football should be setting an example rather than looking for almost any excuse to resume as soon as possible. I just can't help but feel it's all ultimately driven by money - but that's just my take on the motive for this. Same with the idea of having horse racing behind closed doors, and was the same with F1 initially thinking they were an exception to the rule.

Its Money driven without a doubt. Risk assessments are drawn up for everything no matter how big or small a task, event or global pandemic. The fact of the matter is that all governments will have an evaluation of say......6 weeks to 2 months of total lockdown then they must start up the economy again no matter what (this is my opinion btw), or risk global recession....as in all risk assessments there will be a balancing of safety against money and in some cases the risk of having more deaths is out weighed by the global economy starting again.......just an opinion mind

Matches without fans is pointless.

i accept for a very short time you could do this to maybe finish off a league but what is the point of starting a new season without fans.

Will the likes of Sky really be paying top dollar for games with fuck all atmosphere. ?

Last edited:
It's a waste of time. The games behind closed doors have the feel of a reserves team fixture. When Wolves played Olympiacos recently Conor Coady said it reminded him of when he used to play in youth team games. Surely if most players feel the same it makes the German league farcical?

Players tested before games? The Germans seem to have more testing kits than everyone else.

Because all these restrictions are nothing to do with stopping people catch it at one time or another. Its only to do with flattening the peak.

Amazed people still don't understand this. Most people will catch it. It's just trying to spread it out.

Wait until the first player dies after games restart, then they will stop again straight away.

Terrible that the greed in football would risk lives for this. Testing 240 people will never work as the tests are not 100% accurate. Linda Lusardi was on the telly this morning; she was dying off and the test came back negative, then positive the next day

Because all these restrictions are nothing to do with stopping people catch it at one time or another. Its only to do with flattening the peak.

Amazed people still don't understand this. Most people will catch it. It's just trying to spread it out.

We do grasp that, but the reason we are ALL sticking to the recommendations is to keep that peak demand as low as possible.
If some of us decide that our own actions won't make much of a difference, then it will ultimately still have some impact. It shouldn't be any different for a football team. We have 'necessary' exemptions, but is football a necessary exemption? I don't think so.

I'm amazed you assumed folks are too thick to understand.

Matches without fans is pointless.

i accept for a very short time you could do this to maybe finish off a league but what is the point of starting a new season without fans.

Will the likes of Sky really be paying top dollar for games with fuck all atmosphere. ?
I would say sky would get record viewing figures.

If you think the UK govt don’t want PL football back on the telly and behind closed doors as soon as is safe then you’re insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back