No cricket until July 1st

County championship will be the first domestic tournament to get cancelled purely down to how many days it takes to complete.
If they can choose one thing it will be an improvised T20 tournament if we are still no further forward later in the summer.

Raab was on this morning saying he can't see any outdoor sport taking place this summer, outside of professional games. They will need some serious plans around testing/quarantine etc. Bad times for local sport but nowt we can do I guess. Hopefully they can find a way to get some on the telly at least.

Yes, many clubs lead a hand to mouth existence season on season already. Sadly I fear this could be the straw that broke the camel's back with many clubs going under never to return.

Behind a pay wall so haven’t read all of it but domestic cricket now extremely unlikely. Can’t see any international teams being keen to travel to one of the hardest hit countries in the world either, despite the ECB making internationals a priority, so not looking good for any cricket this summer :(

So Tennis, golf and (possibly) pro football have tentative dates.

I’m not optimistic on an early July start for cricket but I’m less pessimistic than I was yesterday... there’s a natural order of what they’ll release and the other sports (potentially) starting moves cricket further forward in the queue.

Surely cricket has to be ahead of football (apart from the financial aspect which I suppose is what they’ll be focusing on) a few bigwigs at the ecb must have a few mates in the Tory party they can have a word with!

Surely cricket has to be ahead of football (apart from the financial aspect which I suppose is what they’ll be focusing on) a few bigwigs at the ecb must have a few mates in the Tory party they can have a word with!

But it isn’t behind pro football as I’m not sure me and my mates hacking around on a weekend boosts public morale to the same extent 😉

We’ve got tickets for Lords against the West Indies. That was at the end of June. Now postponed to a later date. I’ll probably be back at work when it’s rearranged (Schools). Think they stated I could apply for refund which I’ll probably do.
I had an email from Lords on 13 March saying any game postponed will be fully refunded or you can Re book

If no joy PM me and I’ll send u mine.

May as well have rung the season off as that’s what will happen

There'll be no league competition - which means we won't be relegated (unless they restructure for next season - knowing my luck, that's what'll happen).

If we do get the nod to start games our local association will probably have a series of T20 games - maybe 2 separate cup competitions for each of the 3 leagues.

We could easily play 3 T20 games at the same ground on the same day and extend the season into the middle or end of September (we're normally finished most competitive fixtures by the end of August).

If anyone ever finds themselves up in Aberdeen we have an open door recruitment policy (Portcullis) - all welcome , bar one former player - would take far too long to explain that.

There'll be no league competition - which means we won't be relegated (unless they restructure for next season - knowing my luck, that's what'll happen).

If we do get the nod to start games our local association will probably have a series of T20 games - maybe 2 separate cup competitions for each of the 3 leagues.

We could easily play 3 T20 games at the same ground on the same day and extend the season into the middle or end of September (we're normally finished most competitive fixtures by the end of August).

If anyone ever finds themselves up in Aberdeen we have an open door recruitment policy (Portcullis) - all welcome , bar one former player - would take far too long to explain that.
Bar one former player lol

we had loads of numpties in the S Yorks league when I played.
Ok when they came to our place but a shower of bastards at theirs. And that was in the top divisions!

Bar one former player lol

we had loads of numpties in the S Yorks league when I played.
Ok when they came to our place but a shower of bastards at theirs. And that was in the top divisions!

They haven't gone away Rip. I played in the Aire-Wharfe and there were quite a few who thought they should have been playing for England. I umpire now and it is just the same. FAIG.

They haven't gone away Rip. I played in the Aire-Wharfe and there were quite a few who thought they should have been playing for England. I umpire now and it is just the same. FAIG.
How long have you been umpiring?

A good friend of mine played for Horsforth most of his career and he umpired in the Aire Wharfe after he finished playing.
He’s in the Huddersfield League now as they moved that way to be nearer their daughter.

Back