No cricket until July 1st

I can’t see how there’ll be any cricket this season, a cricket ball is surely always going to be an effective route of transmission. I don’t fancy trying to bowl with gloves on, or not being able to shine the ball with spit/sweat.

I’m just going to try and get as fit as I can in 2020 and hopefully hit the ground running for a full season (please god) in 2021.

As long as social distancing is appropriate there will be no participation sport or mass gatherings allowable for professional or amateur sport within the rules

Think relegation would be hard to take on that

Might level the playing field with lack of money getting splashed about

Yeah there’s no right and wrong answer. My view is that the county championship has teams playing each other once at times, as did the first DCL, so I couldn’t see a problem with it.

Rain can intervene but it can in an Ashes Test or a short T20 Blast group, both of which have more riding on them.

IF we could get half a season I’d go for it.

Yeah there’s no right and wrong answer. My view is that the county championship has teams playing each other once at times, as did the first DCL, so I couldn’t see a problem with it.

Rain can intervene but it can in an Ashes Test or a short T20 Blast group, both of which have more riding on them.

Think the county championship is a different kettle of fish as it’s played over a number of days unfair in my opinion to judge local cricket over half a season of afternoon cricket although I want to see as much meaning full cricket as poss

What about if one of the teams players gets Covid? The track and trace contact system applies, whole side has to isolate for 7-14 days? Potentially both sides?

Becomes an absolute farce.

Professional outfits will no doubt have testing off to a tee, will be getting players to follow strict guidelines.

Whereas all of local cricket go to work all over the shop, a load with questionable levels of brain cells that still think it’s “just a flu”, rock up, infect a load of others, umpires etc.

There’s already players who’ve said to me they won’t risk playing full stop.

What about if one of the teams players gets Covid? The track and trace contact system applies, whole side has to isolate for 7-14 days? Potentially both sides?

Professional outfits will no doubt have testing off to a tee, will be getting players to follow strict guidelines.

Whereas all of local cricket go to work all over the shop, a load with questionable levels of brain cells that still think it’s “just a flu”, rock up, infect a load of others, umpires etc.

My first post started with ‘if’...

At some point the rules will be eased... Sports like golf would be ok, rugby a no-no, cricket somewhere in between.

Last edited:
My first post started with ‘if’...

At some point the rules will be eased... Sports like golf would be ok, rugby a no-no, cricket somewhere in between.

I can’t see how you can differentiate between any team sport that involves players being on the pitch at the same time and all using the same ball.

Good post mate.

Some people seem to want rush back and ignore the obvious health risks just to say they’ve had a game. It’s not worth it for anyone directly or indirectly affected.

Play when it’s 100% safe and the game can be played in a normal manner.

Last edited:
We’ve got tickets for Lords against the West Indies. That was at the end of June. Now postponed to a later date. I’ll probably be back at work when it’s rearranged (Schools). Think they stated I could apply for refund which I’ll probably do.

Wouldn't disagree with that
I still don’t think you will see a ball bowled sadly
Wouldn't disagree with that either. Sadly

One good thing about this virus is that it can't survive outside and in the sunshine and dry weather!

Hang on a sec. Sunshine? Dry weather? hmm, that's us fecked then!

We’ve got tickets for Lords against the West Indies. That was at the end of June. Now postponed to a later date. I’ll probably be back at work when it’s rearranged (Schools). Think they stated I could apply for refund which I’ll probably do.

Are they not refunding automatically ?

Ive got tickets for the Saturday

Back