Nixon & Sun - Proof they're full of sh*t?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that it has gone says it all!
It might mean the story was incorrect but we still don't know what the hold up is. Stuff like this happens all the time. As I said when the story broke I neither believe a word the Sun or Stewart Donald say because they both can be a little economical with the truth.

Not that i’m defending the newspaper but to be fair Nixon( and The Sun) over the past few years have had quite a few things right about Sunderland. If the Sun ran a story tonight saying Sunderland were getting taken over this weekend by Dell people would be loving it

Great news - gives me the opportunity to post my opinion of football journalists again.... (I've posted this before)

Football journalists are the lowest of the low. They sponge off the back of the game, licking the arses of the 'big' clubs and spread or start rumours about transfers for which they are totally unaccountable to anyone. I'm one of the most placid laid back people you'll come across but if I found a football journalist on fire on my front lawn I'd honestly let the fucker burn in the hope that the heat might bring my daffodils up a few days early.
Interesting post

Thing is once people have read it the story becomes engrained in some people the fact it's not on the website now means nowt to the people who've already taken it as gospel. I don't bother reading out apart from the shite on here these days! Only thing I know for sure is @Fetch Fletch is an insomniac lunatic who is never off line :lol:
This. Throw enough mud and some of it will stick especially if it fits into the reader's narrative.

Last edited:
Amazed they would print something like that when SD already successfully sued them for printing utterly inaccurate bollocks before
Papers also behave like toddlers when people sue them, so whilst I think there obviously is issues with the takeover the sun was more than happy to spread shit to punish him for having the temerity to sue them for telling lies.

Remember the media doesn't report news anymore it makes it.

Not that i’m defending the newspaper but to be fair Nixon( and The Sun) over the past few years have had quite a few things right about Sunderland. If the Sun ran a story tonight saying Sunderland were getting taken over this weekend by Dell people would be loving it
Imagine defending the Sun 😂😂

Rather interestingly - the story they ran on Donald wanting extra money for the club is no more.

Assume they've deleted it because they were complete lies? Says 'legal removal' in the URL.

Miners strike

Hillsborough

Phone hacking

Ben Stokes mum

The dirty diggers rag not worth using as an arse wipe

They are not journalists, just fiction writers...would not know how to fact check a story..

got a lot wrong too, and already been sued once by SD iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back