Nissan

I am guessing they could and would just say they are rotating staff for fairness. However if the shut down is technically a holiday for staff. Then they would get them back so It would be pointless.

I am guessing they could and would just say they are rotating staff for fairness. However if the shut down is technically a holiday for staff. Then they would get them back so It would be pointless.

if staff weren’t furloughed by 10th June under new JRS rules they aren‘t eligible.
The scheme has changed from today. Scheme is employee specific ( NINO etc given on claims) so cant swap staff around and certainly not under the new “flex” scheme

anyone know if nissan or any (other) suppliers are planning on furloughing employees during summer shutdown,but making up the difference in pay?
( erm...asking for a friend )
NMUK themselves aren't though i've heard a few lads in there mention their supplier doing this, all work for the same one, which i'll not name.

From www.gov.uk
"Employees should not be placed on furlough for a period simply because they are on holiday for that period. Working Time Regulations require holiday pay to be paid at the employee’s normal rate of pay or, where the rate of pay varies, calculated on the basis of the average pay received by the employee in the last 52 working weeks "

Nissan drops its own Brexit vote

Since the Brexit referendum four years ago, car manufacturers on the island have been warning of a "no deal." But Prime Minister Boris Johnson apparently still believes he can dictate the terms to the EU. This denial of reality is now taking revenge Nissan to shut down its Sunderland plant. "A decision has been made and it is not good for the UK," said a Nissan manager familiar with the matter. 7,000 jobs are at stake in Sunderland. It is the largest automobile plant in the kingdom. Europe boss Gianluca de Ficchy wants to make the difficult decision public in a few days. Chief Operating Officer Ashwani Gupta had recently warned: “If Brexit comes without a viable business model being recognized, then it is no longer about Sunderland or Sunderland. Then our entire business in Great Britain would no longer be sustainable. "

Nissan drops its own Brexit vote

Since the Brexit referendum four years ago, car manufacturers on the island have been warning of a "no deal." But Prime Minister Boris Johnson apparently still believes he can dictate the terms to the EU. This denial of reality is now taking revenge Nissan to shut down its Sunderland plant. "A decision has been made and it is not good for the UK," said a Nissan manager familiar with the matter. 7,000 jobs are at stake in Sunderland. It is the largest automobile plant in the kingdom. Europe boss Gianluca de Ficchy wants to make the difficult decision public in a few days. Chief Operating Officer Ashwani Gupta had recently warned: “If Brexit comes without a viable business model being recognized, then it is no longer about Sunderland or Sunderland. Then our entire business in Great Britain would no longer be sustainable. "
Just sounds like this the other day.

Back