Nissan Qashqai

I had a 2.0 DCI for ten years till I got the 1.6 petrol in February..biggest difference as already posted..power..the petrol is poor pulling away but the diesel was superb .

They're like driving a bouncy castle but they're great spec, cheapish to run and it's a no brainer if you can get the discount No my cup of tea like but they make good small family cars

You’ll get the usual knobs saying they’re shite while thinking they’re different by overpaying whilst driving bland German shite, you’ll get the boy racers saying they’re underpowered when you’re limited by speed limits and cameras all over, whilst sitting in traffic in their 150mph cars.

In my experience, and I’ve had 6 or 7, they’re perfectly fine for English roads, powerful enough to lug a family of 5 about with loaded boot, and I include the small petrol engine in that, they have all the toys you’ll need, the cabin is a nice place to be and big enough for 5 adults, and the glass roof makes them feel plenty roomy. Plenty of deals to be had around this area too. I’d recommend one.
What happened to the German Audi convertible you had ?

You’ll get the usual knobs saying they’re shite while thinking they’re different by overpaying whilst driving bland German shite, you’ll get the boy racers saying they’re underpowered when you’re limited by speed limits and cameras all over, whilst sitting in traffic in their 150mph cars.

In my experience, and I’ve had 6 or 7, they’re perfectly fine for English roads, powerful enough to lug a family of 5 about with loaded boot, and I include the small petrol engine in that, they have all the toys you’ll need, the cabin is a nice place to be and big enough for 5 adults, and the glass roof makes them feel plenty roomy. Plenty of deals to be had around this area too. I’d recommend one.
They are underpowered, they barely get moving for 20 seconds.

And while they do have lots of toys, especially the tekna I’d say they’re cramped inside for the size of the car. Even getting in something like a new tiguan and you realise how cramped the qq is. If you’re fitting 5 adults in they all must be 5 foot odd.

I’ll take either of my boring German cars anyday of the week, and one of them is a very standard 1.6 bluemotion golf!

They are underpowered, they barely get moving for 20 seconds.

And while they do have lots of toys, especially the tekna I’d say they’re cramped inside for the size of the car. Even getting in something like a new tiguan and you realise how cramped the qq is. If you’re fitting 5 adults in they all must be 5 foot odd.

I’ll take either of my boring German cars anyday of the week, and one of them is a very standard 1.6 bluemotion golf!
20 seconds my arse! You pull out your street, you’re up to 30 no bother, 40 then onto 60 easily. Cruise no bother at 70 either.

I also wouldn’t say they’re cramped, or I never did, but now I’m used to my x-trail if I do decide to get another QQ in August it may feel that way.

I’d would defo get another, but I’m swaying towards not bothering with the Nevos scheme again and just get a run about, looking at Merc B-Class or Ford C-max’s At the moment, just something to run into the ground over next 4-5 years.

Clutch went on mine about 5 o clock on Friday over the road to Asiana..only had it since February..been in for the 02 sensor anarl..getting rid when it's fixed.

I've just bought a 1.6 petrol Qashqai..i had a 2.0 litre diesel Qashqai before it..the petrol is obviously quieter and hasn't got the power of the diesel..i didn't want diesel either..mines a Tekna..17 plate with 6,000 miles on it..all leather..diamond cut alloys..sat nav....paid £17,500 from Evans Halshaw.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thinking of getting a Qashqai, seen a 2016 Diesel Ntec looks in excellent condition but miles on her are 49,000. Is that average for a diesel car of this type?

Our lass (no) has had three, 1.6 Petrol, the plus 2 which was diesel and more recently the 1.2 model.

All great cars, preferred the 10 plate 1.6 myself but was surprised at how good the 1.2 was.

Had one as a hire car for 3 weeks, not too bad. Then I got a Hyundai Tucson and they were a lot better

Was my thought. We went looking for something bigger than I had and I had Nissan quite high on my list but they just seemed overpriced for what they were (and weren't that comfortable for my fella) - ended up with a Hyundai and it's a cracking car. I've got a knackered hip and find getting into higher up cars easier and this is no bother.

You’ve missed the fact that the sound system is outstanding. Full BOSE on the higher end models.

Mazda CX-5 is good, got the AWD one for the wife and she loves it. Bit thirsty mind but they do a 148 BHP 2 wheel drive version too.

Would say the Kia Sportage and Hyundai tuscon are better cars but as others have started the QQ is basically fine and there's plenty deals to be had round here

Back