Nissan Qashqai

Just sold my Vauxhall Mokka to a mate, he had a diesel Qashqui +2 and wanted a petrol automatic instead. He reckons the Mokka is nicer to drive than the Qashqui and better equipped, and more comfortable, although a little smaller. There are loads of this kind of small SUV around, every manufacturer makes one and they are more similar than different. So do a bunch of test drives and see which ones you prefer. A lot of the second hand ones are diesel; when I bought the Mokka a couple of years ago I wanted a petrol auto and there were very few around.

Our lass and I need a car that is higher up than our Astra so we can get in and out easier with our back problems. We are considering a used Qashqai.

Don't want diesel. Any recommendations/advice? Qashqais any good?

Cheers folks!
I've got the 1.2 petrol, had a few issues but generally its been ok. No issues with the engine in terms of performance but i don't pull anything or drive miles on a daily basis.

I've got a 1.6 petrol version.

On the bad side it's far too heavy a car for an engine of that size, it's far too heavy a car not to have 6 forward gears, the rear seat belts are so short that it's nigh on impossible to find a child seat that will fit inside it, the speedometer is so inaccurate that it's better to guesstimate how fast you're going, the clock gains time faster than it actually passes in reality and the clutch belongs on a Challenger Tank.

On the good side... decent size boot.

Hope this helps.

Underpowered criticism is common. Some friends had one and got shot because it crawled up hills.

Owner reviews are generally bad.

I considered getting one for our lass but thought better of it.

I'd consider the Seat Ateca or Kia Sportage instead.

Last edited:
Got a 2 litre diesel 4x4 , 11 plate had from new, it's been a good car no problems 84k on the clock . Will probably dive it until I scrap it, and not replace as I have more fun in the t6 and mx5.

You’ll get the usual knobs saying they’re shite while thinking they’re different by overpaying whilst driving bland German shite, you’ll get the boy racers saying they’re underpowered when you’re limited by speed limits and cameras all over, whilst sitting in traffic in their 150mph cars.

In my experience, and I’ve had 6 or 7, they’re perfectly fine for English roads, powerful enough to lug a family of 5 about with loaded boot, and I include the small petrol engine in that, they have all the toys you’ll need, the cabin is a nice place to be and big enough for 5 adults, and the glass roof makes them feel plenty roomy. Plenty of deals to be had around this area too. I’d recommend one.

Last edited:

Back