Nissan pension scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course that's possible but still got to be a hell of a pension to be able to convert and end up with a lump that size. In our scheme you can convert with a ration of 12:1
Even playing with large figures it is a staggeringly good pension to be able to produce a quarter of a million lumper :eek:
I think that our local government scheme is the same 12:1.

I am considering a big lumper as it’s Sod’s law that I will croak a day after retiring.

I think that our local government scheme is the same 12:1.

I am considering a big lumper as it’s Sod’s law that I will croak a day after retiring.

I know a few ex colleagues who commuted a fair portion of their pension to an increased lump, mainly it's been to get their kids on the housing market with mortgage deposits.
You can commute the other way, and I thought it would be the same ratio but it's not apparently ( something like 18:1)
If you haven't the need for a big lump and think you will live a long retirement it's an option. The other way is more popular mind

I’m surprised I’m even going to still get anything at the rate the pot was being emptied. When you have people leaving as soon as they could taking a 10% hit you know it was a good thing.

I’m still waiting for my letter.

Ours is that, I did temporarily lose the best bit when they fucked me over just as I was about to go on the last 10 years double accrual but amazingly our union won it back on age discrimination. I’ve got less than 5 to do so hopefully will scrape over the line with what I was promised before they fuck with it again.
so is yours 2/3 and a lumpa ? some pension that mind, although paid less than police and youse do pay a high % into the pensions

Im pretty sure you are entitled to take 25 per cent tax free of any pension Pot when you retire.

Public sector there isn't a 'pot'
But you can commute 25% of the annual income into a lump sum.
So if your pension is £20k pa. You can instead take a £15k pension with a £60k tax free lumper
Retire at 57 on £24k a year for 30-40 years?

I can see why that would never work.

Which would suggest he's have to be earning £60k or £70k. Which then makes all his pleading poverty about his band H Council tax look a bit silly.

Last edited:
Didn’t the government at one point allow you to take the lot then back track.

I know there’s a lad at work that doesn’t have his pension anymore by doing this to pay his ex off.

I got told off one of his mates but I did hear him mention he hasn’t got a pension, he’s 60 now so it does seem quite valid.

The same lad told me another of his mates retired and took it all in a lumper.

They’re pretty close friends of his so I’ve no reason to doubt it.

Didn’t the government at one point allow you to take the lot then back track.

I know there’s a lad at work that doesn’t have his pension anymore by doing this to pay his ex off.

I got told off one of his mates but I did hear him mention he hasn’t got a pension, he’s 60 now so it does seem quite valid.

The same lad told me another of his mates retired and took it all in a lumper.

They’re pretty close friends of his so I’ve no reason to doubt it.

You can take the whole lot as a lumper, but 75% of it will be heavily taxed was my understanding

Which would suggest he's have to be earning £60k or £70k. Which then makes all his pleading poverty about his band H Council tax look a bit silly.
It sounds like he's making it up as he goes along to me.

Reactions: 42
Retire at 57 on £24k a year for 30-40 years?

I can see why that would never work.
I wouldn’t be retiring until 57 how do you work out 20-30 yrs! Be lucky if it’s 15-20 the problem is people feel strung along if the returns were going to be this shit I would of done other things and may not of even worked there so long been fed false promises

I wouldn’t be retiring until 57 how do you work out 20-30 yrs! Be lucky if it’s 15-20 the problem is people feel strung along if the returns were going to be this shit I would of done other things and may not of even worked there so long been fed false promises

what is it you do there out of interest ?

You must be on decent whack to have been looking at 24k a year for pension and still taking the max lump sum like mate. Fair play. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back