Night Photography in reet scary places..

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was planning on visiting seaton delaval mausoleum this weekend with my mate but he cant make it , might have a look up aparently its in a farmers field but im still very tempted by durham baths and a few other places which I can go spur of the moment :-D

is Durham baths easy to get in?

it's a bit of a fuck on. Round the back, climb over a couple of walls, then either a scramble up a wall and drainpipe - or downovers, and hands and knees under the old pool - then up through a smallish hole into the pool itself.

Problem is, these places tend to change everytime you go - so the way in might be gone, or the scratters might have opened a new one up.

The place is fairly tightly surrounded by other houses and whatnot, so you need to park a canny bit away so not to raise suspicion.

I was a pic from earlier this month , all boarded up and someone's knocked a massive hole through one of the boards

been in durham baths a few times now, every time its a different way to get in, its worth a look like but it can be pretty scary in there, wouldnt go by yaself, never know who could be in there.

dunno if this will work and I've rarely strayed into the photography forum but this photo over shetland is rather stunning..

It's from the facebook group shetland wildlife, there's some excellent pics there.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Last edited:
road trip! :cool: make a thread and see whose interested - i'm in.

there is also the old castle up there. I only ever go to there as its where the missis lives.

plenty of ghost and ufo sightings in the area. although the towns people are a bit backward

its almost like going royston vasey

there is also the old castle up there. I only ever go to there as its where the missis lives.

plenty of ghost and ufo sightings in the area. although the towns people are a bit backward

its almost like going royston vasey

I'd drive all that way just for the asylum.

This is probably the 'scariest' place I have shot at night:

Cairnholy neolithic tomb, Dumfries and Galloway.

Not very scary at all to be honest. I am not bothered by the supernatural, more worried about being hassled by the law or getting mugged by local scrotes.

Some good photos up on here.

Im gonna go here:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=denbigh+asylum&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=imvns&biw=1239&bih=1251&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=_8Z9T9G5NZKj8gP_rZGYDQ

well and truly gonna shit it. mental asylum and everything. its bad enough in the day

wow :cool:

I'd drive all that way just for the asylum.

Spoke to a few locals. Apparently its really hard to get into. Might be easier at night. Getting past the fences are pest, but security is pretty tight.

Also now there are builders about, but they should be gone soon

I'll update it when i know more

very rough example of what I'm doing. I can only run at 30secs exposure until i get my trigger to use with bulb.

basically had a head lamp and lit up the grass while it captures the train. should have tried using a larger aperture to get more in focus. even when i lit an area up it still wouldn't focus so that was a pin. i'll upload one of a tree that show being lit up from the front a bit better. this is just a test so try not to pass too much of a judgement!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/test2oy.jpg/

This isn't a great photo, but just shows how there is the light from behind the treat then I've lit it up from the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back