Nigel Clough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not for me like, he couldn't push Derby on and he failed to get Sheffield United out of the third tier.
But Derby were as much in the shit as Sunderland now, he got rid of the deadwood, worked with lack of budget available, slowly replaced the overpaid shirkers with lower league/non league players, brought kids through and laid the foundation for MacLaren to get them in the play off final. Joined at roughly the same time of the season as Coleman did ( or possibly later) with the club in roughly the same position in the table and looking like they were heading for a double relegation. He'd stop the rot here and turn it round, even if he couldn't deliver the prem. In my opinion.

That's not true though is it?
We'll finish rock bottom with 8 internationals and God knows how much premier league experience. Below a team made of entirely free transfers.
We by no means have a squad of world beaters but they're not the worst in the championship
The word internationals does not mean they are good players now mate.

I find Clough unpleasant and a little weird .... absolutely not what we need to unite the club and enthuse the supporters.

I think we need a tough uncompromising manager to weed out the slack attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back