Nigel Clough

This, on a home support base of about 3,500 and a stadium capacity of about 6,000 and a distinct lack of 10 years worth of Premier League money too - never mind parachute payments.

There are far too many disrespectful comments about Burton on here. They still have a chance of staying up - we on the other hand do not (stating the obvious I know). If they do get relegated their odds will be shorter to go straight back up than ours.

Absolutely agree.

What is special about Burton is both the chairman and manager work together, and sing from the same hymn-sheet. They won't jeopardise the future of the club by chasing some crackers dream - instead they cut their cloth accordingly. They've both taken some pelters from a few Burton "fans" about not being sufficiently ambitious - but this is just plain daft.

If they go down this season they'll have a bit put by to ensure they're OK in League One and (with the right purchases and the odd loan) might be in a position to have another crack at promotion. I'd reckon on them being in a better state than SAFC.

Absolutely agree.

What is special about Burton is both the chairman and manager work together, and sing from the same hymn-sheet. They won't jeopardise the future of the club by chasing some crackers dream - instead they cut their cloth accordingly. They've both taken some pelters from a few Burton "fans" about not being sufficiently ambitious - but this is just plain daft.

If they go down this season they'll have a bit put by to ensure they're OK in League One and (with the right purchases and the odd loan) might be in a position to have another crack at promotion. I'd reckon on them being in a better state than SAFC.

The relationship they have is key. I know a few Burtpn fans and they are not happy at some of the stick that Clough has taken. They are concerned that they will stay up and he will say 'there you go' and leave. Or worse they get relegated and he leaves.

Punching above their weight.
Clough got them out of none league.
Spent no money.
He has done a great job with a small club imo. No disrespect to Burton but they are a minnow club that just beat us at home and relegated us ffs.
He has to get to this level yes

He has to get to this level yes

With no money and he knows these leagues.
He's at a good age with good experience.
I'm behind Coleman.
But we need to hit the ground running next season.
If Coleman goes I would be happy with the appointment.

I think the point is that Clough might have the backbone to insist the club needs a clear out.

Both Grayson and Coleman have both been culpable of accepting the job and not making any demands on Short and Bain.

That, for me, is why both have failed.

The club was in such a weak bargaining position why did neither of them make demands?

They won't entertain any demands mate.

Yes.
McCarthy is old hat.
Never that keen on him when he was here. (Excuse the pun)
I think Clough would put a bit passion in.
It's hard to tell really some clubs just suite certain managers there won't be much pressure on him at Burton I think Coleman will certainly stay here anyway.

It's hard to tell really some clubs just suite certain managers there won't be much pressure on him at Burton I think Coleman will certainly stay here anyway.

Yes I agree mate re managers and clubs.
Wondering whether Coleman stays but obviously hope he does the business next season if he does.

I'm just aware of where we are at now and if Coleman goes I think Clough would be a good punt. Obviously a bit of nostalgia thrown in but why not. ?

Yes I agree mate re managers and clubs.
Wondering whether Coleman stays but obviously hope he does the business next season if he does.

I'm just aware of where we are at now and if Coleman goes I think Clough would be a good punt. Obviously a bit of nostalgia thrown in but why not. ?
Not even sure he would come

He turned down Forest man. Don't think just because he was born in Sunderland he would come here. His heart is in the midlands and if he wont go to Forest there is very little chance he would come to Sunderland.

I've posted twice that I don't think he would come.
But if you don't ask you don't get ;)
I thought about him when grayson got appointed.
Oh well.

Back