Nigel Clough

It doesnt matter who the manager is when this american cooont is in charge and those sacks of shit are in the playing squad.
I think the point is that Clough might have the backbone to insist the club needs a clear out.

Both Grayson and Coleman have both been culpable of accepting the job and not making any demands on Short and Bain.

That, for me, is why both have failed.

The club was in such a weak bargaining position why did neither of them make demands?

I think the point is that Clough might have the backbone to insist the club needs a clear out.

Both Grayson and Coleman have both been culpable of accepting the job and not making any demands on Short and Bain.

That, for me, is why both have failed.

The club was in such a weak bargaining position why did neither of them make demands?
Everyone associated with us knows we need a clear out and no one more than Coleman. How do you make demands when you were told the owner is actively looking to sell and won’t put a penny in for transfers?

Everyone associated with us knows we need a clear out and no one more than Coleman. How do you make demands when you were told the owner is actively looking to sell and won’t put a penny in for transfers?
According to the wise men on this forum, when he was appointed Coleman was top of his game, an "internationally renowned" manager.

Grayson was on the back of over-achieving with Preston.

Why the absolute FUCK did they not DEMAND a few million quid to spend to take the job?

Did the salary on offer simply overrule their ambition to do a good job?

"yes Martin, I'll take the job but I want a £5m budget to sign a striker or you can piss off"

IT'S NOT HARD

Clough wont work more than hour from home. Why would he? He won’t be so skint that he has too. He was an international and PL footballer and his dad was a millionaire.

Quite. It was a miracle they stayed up last year (and the club continues to live within its means and make a profit).

How many other Championship clubs run at a profit?

This, on a home support base of about 3,500 and a stadium capacity of about 6,000 and a distinct lack of 10 years worth of Premier League money too - never mind parachute payments.

There are far too many disrespectful comments about Burton on here. They still have a chance of staying up - we on the other hand do not (stating the obvious I know). If they do get relegated their odds will be shorter to go straight back up than ours.

Back