NFL 2023

OBJ has been visiting the Dolphins, not a bad number 3 WR but they need more of a presence in the squad. Thought they'd be more likely to be looking at Thomas, Gallup or Boyd if they were after a free agent

Visited ourselves on Thursday but the fact we're having Josh Reynolds in today would tell me its a non starter. I'm actually happy about that mind as Gallup hasn't been the same since his injuries. As a backup for Tyreek / Waddle though you could do worse

Chiefs Sneed traded to the Titans for a 3rd round pick. They've also swapped 7th round picks meaning the Chiefs get a slightly higher 7thR pick.

Sneed is getting 76 million over 4 years with 55 guaranteed.

Where does it go if it lands in the endzone and receiver opts for a touchback, the usual 25yd line?
I think I read that that counted as going through the endzone on the fly. If so, it's going to make it an absolute no brainer for the receiver to take a knee. Might be remembering wrong though.

It should be a positive overall though, it'll be interesting to see kickers trying to perfect the skill of landing the ball on the 1 yard line. A definite advantage to those who play at indoor stadiums.

I think I read that that counted as going through the endzone on the fly. If so, it's going to make it an absolute no brainer for the receiver to take a knee. Might be remembering wrong though.

It should be a positive overall though, it'll be interesting to see kickers trying to perfect the skill of landing the ball on the 1 yard line. A definite advantage to those who play at indoor stadiums.

It doesn't mention landing in the endzone and staying there (which admittedly would be very hard to do if nobody catches it)

Last edited:
It doesn't mention landing in the endzone and staying there (which admittedly would be very hard to do if nobody catches it)
It would be helpful if that was clarified, because if the ball landing/being caught in the endzone is treated the same way as the ball flying through the endzone, it'll make a big difference to how teams approach the kick off.

I'd like to see them treat the endzone as part of the landing zone to encourage the receivers to try and return it.

It would be helpful if that was clarified, because if the ball landing/being caught in the endzone is treated the same way as the ball flying through the endzone, it'll make a big difference to how teams approach the kick off.

I'd like to see them treat the endzone as part of the landing zone to encourage the receivers to try and return it.

I've seen someone else talking about it. If it lands in the landing zone and stays there, you have to return it. Lands in the landing zone and bounces into the endzone, the returner has to down it and it'll be from the 30, if he doesn't down it the opposition can grab it and score. Bounces in the endzone and isn't returned or goes over the endzone it's a 35 yard touchback. If the ball bounces before the landing zone it's automatically placed at the 40. They've also introduced a thing whereby the team receiving cannot block anyone at all until the returner catches the ball, the red and blue indicates where the two teams lineup and they don't move until the player catches the ball.
It's a massive change to the rules and it'll be interesting to watch it play out, the no blocking until the receiver catches it I imagine will work in the kicking teams favour but we should see the ball kicked into play more often (maybe)

I've seen someone else talking about it. If it lands in the landing zone and stays there, you have to return it. Lands in the landing zone and bounces into the endzone, the returner has to down it and it'll be from the 30, if he doesn't down it the opposition can grab it and score. Bounces in the endzone and isn't returned or goes over the endzone it's a 35 yard touchback. If the ball bounces before the landing zone it's automatically placed at the 40. They've also introduced a thing whereby the team receiving cannot block anyone at all until the returner catches the ball, the red and blue indicates where the two teams lineup and they don't move until the player catches the ball.
It's a massive change to the rules and it'll be interesting to watch it play out, the no blocking until the receiver catches it I imagine will work in the kicking teams favour but we should see the ball kicked into play more often (maybe)
I would have thought more teams will try and keep it in play, hoofing it through the endzone is like giving up a cheap first down.

Seems like the perfect kick off will be one where the ball is allowed to bounce 19 yards 35 inches from the endzone and the receiver doesn't get to it.

Kickoff scenarios:
  • Kickoffs that hit the landing zone must be returned.
  • Kickoffs that hit the landing zone and then go into the end zone must be returned or downed by the receiving team. If downed, the receiving team would get the ball at its own 20-yard line.
  • Kickoffs that go into the end zone and stay inbounds that are downed would give the receiving team the ball at their own 30-yard line. Kickoffs that go out of the back of the end zone (in the air or bounces) would also be a touchback at the receiving team's 30-yard line.
  • Kickoffs short of the landing zone would be treated like a kickoff out of bounds, and the receiving team would get the ball at its own 40-yard line.

Kickoff scenarios:
  • Kickoffs that hit the landing zone must be returned.
  • Kickoffs that hit the landing zone and then go into the end zone must be returned or downed by the receiving team. If downed, the receiving team would get the ball at its own 20-yard line.
  • Kickoffs that go into the end zone and stay inbounds that are downed would give the receiving team the ball at their own 30-yard line. Kickoffs that go out of the back of the end zone (in the air or bounces) would also be a touchback at the receiving team's 30-yard line.
  • Kickoffs short of the landing zone would be treated like a kickoff out of bounds, and the receiving team would get the ball at its own 40-yard line.
Kickers are going to be worth more now they're going to have to try and get it in the 'landing zone'.

I’m sure you get an extra roster spot if you sign someone form the international system - makes sense for someone to take a punt (pun intended)on a player from there if so
With the new kick off rules, he could be very handy as a returner based on that video posted earlier. Apart from a load of laterals at the end of the game, the kick off return will be the most rugby like play now.

I’m sure you get an extra roster spot if you sign someone form the international system - makes sense for someone to take a punt (pun intended)on a player from there if so
Yeah that's true. I got sucked in by the headline. Fair play to him in any case.

A Gaelic Football goalie from County Down is on a trail with the Saints as well.

Holy Mackerel - Rees Zammit is being signed by the Chiefs 🤯

He'll end up in the practice squad and they'll try and teach him the finer points about the game. That rugby player who went to the Bills ended up as a prelactice squad player for two years before being sent packing

Back