NFL 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

What do the Pats know that the rest of the league don't? They haven't got a great roster and Brady hasn't had a great season yet they're most likely going to win the superbowl.

Make no bones about it, they constantly get the rub of the green officiating wise and lets be honest, they're known to cheat as well.

On the flip side, they simply isolate the main strength of the opponent to a tee and remove it. IE last night they basically played to reduce Mahomes time on the field. Plenty of runs then short dump offs on 3rd and short.

Edit: I will say its always our two teams who push them the closest if not win imo

The Patriots are so good like, it's ridiculous. How many times on that winning drive did the Chiefs have them in 3rd and long only for them to convert it?

I hope they win the Super Bowl again now to be honest. Especially since the Saints got robbed quite blatantly.

Didn't like it when a field goal could win it on first possession but I think if you give up a TD you can't have many arguments.
At this point I honestly feel it’s 80% Bellichek. He can just make a team/system out of whatever you give him. He just has a mastery of what to do and when which is essentially superhuman at this point. Stick any good QB in with him and I think with time they’d be doing the same as Brady.

Gutted but can't see any way the Pats don't beat the Rams. I love McVay and how the Rams play, but they have enough holes in them the Pats will pick them apart.

Amazing really, when everything thinks they are rubbish, apparently :rolleyes:
I said they would be in the SB in week 6 when they lost 2 on the bounce or whatever it was. If you look at what they’ve done over the past decade, with so many different players and coaching staff etc and many of them distinctly average, it’s obvious that Bellichek simply gets the game at a different plane of understanding compared to everyone else, to the point that it’s almost immaterial how they get to the Play Offs and in what shape. Because when it comes to crunch time and all for nothing games, there’s no-one can touch him.

Last edited:
They love making announcements leading up to the Super Bowl. It wouldn’t surprise me if they tried to put season ticket renewals on sale this Friday

True, I'd be amazed if it's the games. All the talk was of them doing it on the regular schedule date, but also last year they done a full press-conference announcing them. Can't imagine it being just a 'twitter release' this year.

It'll be confirming the home teams, or putting STs on sale, or even something daft like a talk-in in London or something.

Didn't like it when a field goal could win it on first possession but I think if you give up a TD you can't have many arguments.

Not even the opportunity for the return TD?

When you lose a Super Bowl to the same rule, you’ve a right to be salty!![/QUOTE]

I am ok with this rule. It's one thing to miss out on a Super Bowl to a 57yd field goal, but if you let the opposition drive right down the field for a TD you can have no argument.

At this point I honestly feel it’s 80% Bellichek. He can just make a team/system out of whatever you give him. He just has a mastery of what to do and when which is essentially superhuman at this point. Stick any good QB in with him and I think with time they’d be doing the same as Brady.

His ability to call the right plays at the right time is unmatched, I am not sure I'd give him 80% of the credit though as I think Brady being the GOAT is able to get rid of the ball accurately so much quicker than others in his position.

I said they would be in the SB in week 6 when they lost 2 on the bounce or whatever it was. If you look at what they’ve done over the past decade, with so many different players and coaching staff etc and many of them distinctly average, it’s obvious that Bellichek simply gets the game at a different plane of understanding compared to everyone else, to the point that it’s almost immaterial how they get to the Play Offs and in what shape. Because when it comes to crunch time and all for nothing games, there’s no-one can touch him.

It's the same in every sport. When you have a coach like a Bellichek or a Saban they can continue to get the best out of the talent they have at their disposal. Bellichek is a great man manager and he knows how to get the most out of individuals and what individuals need to excel. Even though he is widely regarded as the best coach in football ever, I think you'll only realise just how good he is once he is gone (a lot like Ferguson at Man Utd)...

Last edited:
Panthers @ Bucs
Texans @ Jags
Bengals @ Rams
Bears @ Raiders

The London games. Leaves Packers as only team to not play the UK.

has anyone been before ??

always wanted to wait till the panthers came so I'm gonna have to go this year ive talked about it long enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back