NFL 2018

has anyone been before ??

always wanted to wait till the panthers came so I'm gonna have to go this year ive talked about it long enough
Went to the Seahawks v Raiders game, great experience which was helped as there was a huge Seahawks following. Only thing spoiling it was the horrendous queues for everything. Pray it's not at Spurs ground and get yourself there to see your team ....

how did you pick your team? I've only been following it for about 4 months and have zero loyalty to any teams other the vikings because of marshall on how I met your mother, or the eagles from the dad in the goldbergs :lol:

I feel I cant support the pats because it's like just starting to watch football and picking man city as your team.

When the NFL first started on channel 4 me and a few mates all picked teams to watch. One lad a mag picked the raiders as they were the closest to black and white.

I picked the Cowboys as they hadn't been doing too well and Tom Landry with his hat and coat kind of reminded me of Bob Stokoe. I've followed them ever since, went from listening to live game commentaries on American Forces Radio Europe to being able to watch the games live now.

If I was starting again I wouldn't know where to start. I would probably go for one out of the Packers, Chiefs, Seahawks, Vikings, Jets or the Raiders (despite their colours).

When the NFL first started on channel 4 me and a few mates all picked teams to watch. One lad a mag picked the raiders as they were the closest to black and white.

I picked the Cowboys as they hadn't been doing too well and Tom Landry with his hat and coat kind of reminded me of Bob Stokoe. I've followed them ever since, went from listening to live game commentaries on American Forces Radio Europe to being able to watch the games live now.

If I was starting again I wouldn't know where to start. I would probably go for one out of the Packers, Chiefs, Seahawks, Vikings, Jets or the Raiders (despite their colours).

Are you taking the piss? They got to post season in the seven years beforehand and won their division in 5 of those. They also won and lost a SB and 2 or 3 championship games.

I picked the Giants who played in the same division and really were a team of losers. 3-12-1 and Phil Simms was thinking of quiting cos of the abuse he used to get taking his kids to school.

Always thought that if I was to go to NFL London game I'd want to pay extra for good seats so you really feel part of it, rather than been high up in the stands.

It's a tough one. They've noticeably been using him less and less, and they were all ready to trade him last year, but he showed again last night that when you do use him he's still almost impossible to defend against.
I mean he isn’t, not anymore. He was a good Out on Sunday and he’s the best Tight End of all time without question. But if he was impossible to defend against they would use him all the time by definition. He used to be, he’s not anymore. He made three big plays on Sunday but Edelman and Hogan were more important and damaging than Gronk was. His blocking was arguably just as important as his receiving.

I have a patio table booked at the Shark Bar with 4 mates so hoping its a good night. Did the Grosvenor last year which was canny, so will head along there again if its shite.

That’s the beauty with the NFL though mate. Although the Pats are currently akin to Man City, they will eventually fall back into the pack and become a Watford.

When I started to watch the NFL, NE were pretty shit, so the last 18 years has been class.
The Patriots have been my team since 85-86. They wore red & white then, and were massive underdogs v the Bears in the SB in Jan 86. Obviously got hammered but like SAFC I have faith in the underdog.

Sadly once Bellichek retires it'll all turn to shit but as Hank said the last 18 years been f***ing great

The banter on BBC is class like. Sky a bit boring compared to that.

Think it depends what you're after on watching the coverage. By a country mile sky is better if you're into the more in depth knowledge and X's and O's of the game but if you want a more simple analysis / commentary of the game then BBC for sure. I do enjoy listening to Mike Carlson though

Think it depends what you're after on watching the coverage. By a country mile sky is better if you're into the more in depth knowledge and X's and O's of the game but if you want a more simple analysis / commentary of the game then BBC for sure. I do enjoy listening to Mike Carlson though

Maybe thats why it appeals.. im a noob

Are you taking the piss? They got to post season in the seven years beforehand and won their division in 5 of those. They also won and lost a SB and 2 or 3 championship games.

I picked the Giants who played in the same division and really were a team of losers. 3-12-1 and Phil Simms was thinking of quiting cos of the abuse he used to get taking his kids to school.

It might have been nearer the mid 1980's as I remember they used to use Relax quite a bit in the some segments of the show.

These were the day before the internet and I wouldn't have had a clue what their history was or even the season before, it might have been the 1984 9-7 season I picked them.

Also we would write direct to NFL teams asking for free stuff and I think the Cowboys must have been one of the few who replied, I'm sure they sent me a guide to American Football with all the rules in.

Back