Next Season

I am convinced we will go up, we have had a few seasons to give these lads some experience and I believe they'll all be stronger for those experiences! Next season we'll be more mature and with some sensible additions we'll put some good runs together. I can't see any team in the championship going to be as strong as us.

We will go up and then we'll go looking for that black & white sh*te!

Ha'Way The Lads.

I am convinced we will go up, we have had a few seasons to give these lads some experience and I believe they'll all be stronger for those experiences! Next season we'll be more mature and with some sensible additions we'll put some good runs together. I can't see any team in the championship going to be as strong as us.

Ha'Way The Lads.
The question is will we make some sensible additions. It seems a lot of fans are not convinced they will, hence many won’t renew until the club shows it’s hand I the summer.

As it stands we’re 34 points off the automatic promotion places. Whoever comes down will have the benefit of parachute payments and one of Leeds, Leicester and Southampton might still be down here.

There’s a hell of a lot of work to be done at the club to make us even playoff contenders next season.

I admire your optimism though!

The question is will we make some sensible additions. It seems a lot of fans are not convinced they will, hence many won’t renew until the club shows it’s hand I the summer.
We will. The club know the delicacy of the situation and I truly believe they'll do the right thing, it wouldn't make Financial sense to not add sensibly.

I think it's probably more likely to go the other way. We are probably going to lose 2/3 of our best players and already need to add 2/3 to the current team. We have shown very little ability to add first team players over the last 18 months, adding half a team is going to be really difficult. Add a new manager into that and who knows. It's certainly going to be a huge summer for the club.

I think it's probably more likely to go the other way. We are probably going to lose 2/3 of our best players and already need to add 2/3 to the current team. We have shown very little ability to add first team players over the last 18 months, adding half a team is going to be really difficult. Add a new manager into that and who knows. It's certainly going to be a huge summer for the club.
Speaking very basically we lost what 25 goals out of the team last season. Flog Clarke n theres another 15 plus assists. Potentially 40 goals worse off the 22/23.

He’ll have to put his hand in his pocket cos hes tried n failed the other way.

Speaking very basically we lost what 25 goals out of the team last season. Flog Clarke n theres another 15 plus assists. Potentially 40 goals worse off the 22/23.

He’ll have to put his hand in his pocket cos hes tried n failed the other way.
I suppose the plus is if we sell a couple we are likely to have some good cash to spend, which might allow us to attract a better calibre of player. Also hopefully a couple of the existing players kick on a bit with a season of settling in/experience behind them.

Ha'Way The Lads.
I admire your optimism, hope you are right.

If we get recruitment right we'll have a very good team. That's a big if though. What we should be doing is targeting experience for the spine of the team but I'm not confident we'll do what's glaringly obvious.
That’s the same aim as every team then? And your right about the spine,get that right with some back up as well and other positions can be carried to a certain extent. But the one thing we haven’t strengthened window after window is the spine, so now it looks like we will have to lose our best player by a country mile to do anything,which will add massive pressure from the off next season knowing we have lost his goals and creativity

Last edited:
Can't be mentioned enough that if we had a 25 goal a season centre forward leading the line we'd obviously have a lot more points.
It would especially have helped us at home where we've lost almost as many as we've won, but we create so many chances.
Away we've pretty much conceded a goal a game which is good, but having that goal threat up front would have nicked us a few more points.
Simply put, continue with the model if they want, but bend the rules and get that goal scoring striker in for next season.

Speaking as somebody who, although not from the North East, nevertheless has a long held affection and respect for Sunderland AFC and its canny supporters, I sincerely hope that the club will make progress and ultimate promotion to the top flight.
There needs to be a radical change in the direction taken by the club "leadership" however before this happens. I KNOW folks! I'm preaching to the choir on this issue, but (like my club) those in charge need to get their act together

Back